Greetings All and a house rant!

Selah

Greetings! We've just submitted our 138 visa on the 21st of August and made the 1st Sept deadline. Hoping to join OH's mother/stepfather already in Adelaide and racing his brother who is also applying! (Of course he is a 136 on the MODL but...) Anyway, I want to be accountible to you all and ask you to remind me if I'm looking for houses in Adelaide next year that I WANT A NEW ONE! We are trying to plan ahead and do all the fixing, painting, replacing and whatever on our house now instead of waiting til it actually needs to go on the market. I can't believe we're actually doing anything in advance. BUT - everytime I turn around something breaks, bashes, crashes or is destroyed. We're spending so much money we will be swimming to Australia. Is "character" really worth the money???? I'm finished and will go back to pricing new boilers. (Do you think anyone would notice it wasn't working in a four bedroom house???!)

Thanks for the rant!

Liz, Andrew, Charis (10), Josiah (8) & Daniel (3)

Vetassess submitted 21 June, appr 25th July, Visa submitted 21 Aug

hello and welcome!!

good luck with the visa race and i've got everything crossed for you with the house repairs!

i am in two minds myself; we've only just submitted our visa application but i am also thinking about doing the house up already - not that i want to do too much to it - more like cosmetics

or is it worth it putting much money into it at this stage?!?!

i just don't want all the work :confused:

Thanks so much for the welcome and the responses! Our house work really is mostly cosmetic as well. It's just that once you do one thing - it makes everything else look really bad and you end up on this painting, cleaning treadmill. AND I HATE PAINTING & CLEANING!!! The mere thought of putting the house on the market with 3 children ( Especially my three children) is enough to send me over the edge............. On the plus side - if everything were to fall through and we had to stay - my house will never have looked better!

Liz

oh i like your way of thinking ... if things go bad (which they won't of course!!) - we still have a nice house ....:jiggy:

i know the feeling 'little monsters' at home - i also have 3; well, if you count OH too :P

but before i can do anything around here i have to get rid of soooo many things.

i still hope to sell alot before i have to just give it away though :goofy:

Guest the warburtons

Hi

I would recommend make an early start on preparing your house for sale as once everything is all in motion- you board a runaway train and there is suddenly no time left to do all those niggling jobs that have been neglected for about 10 years- or may be that was just us !

Good luck

Toni

Guest sarahsmartiepants

welcome to the site and good luck with the race. Get on and get that house on the market, that is the worse bit I reckon. Nothing worse than having visa and still having probs selling.

sarah

Guest nikkiandlee

HI,

We are just starting my TRA! However I also want a new house!!!! We bought a older 1960's house in the UK and now have to spend loads to do it up:) we thought we would have years and have now decided to make the big move so its all going to be rush rush rush ;)

We need to start now as its a rather big job!

Anyway good luck with the race and the decorating!!!!

Nikki

X

Guest Aussiebound

We are also currently going through the house replacing and decorating etc etc. Neil just finishing the new kitchen we bought before we decided to move! All ready for the house going on the market in January.