Whataboucha

Guest dglamoore

Guest dglamoore

We have used an agent too and just got the visa so worth every penny :lol:

We arrive in Adelaide in 10 weeks and there are quite a few members already over there so lots of advice available if needed :D

Lisa

Guest donna T

Hi davy

Welcome to the forum

We are leaving in just under 2 weeks time - nerves really setting in now! :)

We used an agent and I think it was money well spent especially if you have to get your TRA done

Guest Davyfella

:D

We are still very early on in the application process. We are applying for the 136 Permanent Resident visa.

We are still gathering all the references for to get the TRA completed. We are struggling to get references for the past 8 years of employment. I have got a perfect one from my current job, but as I have only been there 7 years, the agent wants me to get a reference from my previous employer. They don't keep any records longer than 5 years. therefore all I can provide is a couple of payslips, to prove I was working for them.

I am an Aircraft Technician by trade, but I am getting my trade recognised as a fitter. This is because a Fitter is on the MODL list and it saves paying the £40000 bond.

I should have all the necessary gathered together for the end of the week, then it is another £560 to the agent plus £180 for the TRA application. I managed to sell the first batch of Model Railways, (trainsets to the missus) this weekend for £320 on Ebay, there is more coming up next weekend, I have sold one of my motorbikes, and the other one is in the paper this week. So hopefully money coming in should equal money going out. I think I will sell a kidney and my first born child next.

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi Davy

Know what you mean after first lot of medicals (fail) £800, 1st lot of police certs £40, certified docs at £1.00 each too many to mention stat decs, Full Orthapedic medical for daughter whilst in Oz, flying orthapedic consultant back from Switzerland to UK to sign off Daughter as minion not acceptable. Hopefully now on home straight but hey now all need new medicals as due to expire in 10 days (Daughter excluded) and new Police checks required hopefully Perm visa arrives before Oct as otherwise we will be skint and divorced.

WHAT STRESS

Jane

Guest Sue & Ash

hi Davy and family!

you certainly are on a roll!!

we also apply for a 136Visa Fitter for my partner.

we are still debating to go solo or with an agent.

since we have to gather the info ourselves anyways i might just do that first

and then decide how confident we are :D

do they all want 8 years of references?

i thought for the TRA you need to give a 'detailed' written description from whatever you can do/use.

don't you have to do that? but there the opinions seem to split. some sent off a TRA assessment pack of 70 pages, others only the forms and 2 pages on top.

great that you are so busy on ebay. (not to myself: get on ebay NOW! the sooner the better :D)

by the way, i like your signature ;)

ouch Jane! that sounds like a rollercoaster!!! but good to see you so positive and fingers crossed you'll have that visa really soon!!

Susi

Guest Davyfella

Excuse the length of post, but here is a copy of my TRA job description for Question 8 of the TRA application form. Feel free to use bits of it if any fitters are struggling.

I, David John Aston am an employee of Shorts Brothers Plc. which is the world’s oldest aircraft manufacturer. It is the European unit of Bombardier Aerospace, the third largest civil aerospace manufacturer in the world. Bombardier Aerospace offers the widest range of regional and business aircraft of any manufacturer.

For the financial year 2006/07 Bombardier Shorts employed 5330 employees over 5 main sites in the Belfast area. It had revenues of Aus$2035 Million, and an operating income of Aus$173 Million

Bombardier Aerospace - Shorts is the largest manufacturing concern in Northern Ireland. As well as participating in a range of Bombardier aircraft programmes, major aero structures and nacelle systems are designed and manufactured at Shorts for other industry primes including Boeing, General Electric, Pratt & Whitney, and Rolls-Royce.

I work in the Main Factory in Belfast, employed on the Global Express Business Jet production gantry. I am an Aircraft Fitter in a crew of 12 men in a department of about 60. I work from 07:10 until 15:35 or 11:30 on Friday. Or whilst on Nightshift the working week is three 10 hour shifts and one 6 hour shift from 20:30 until 07:00 or 02:30 on the Friday morning. This equates to a 36 hour basic working week, not including overtime, which an ‘acceptable amount’ is expected by the company. My salary works is £10.30 per hour and is paid every four weeks, this equates to an annual salary of £19281. This converts at approx Aus$48400 per annum.

The working day begins after applying the usual Personal Protection Equipment (eye and hearing protection, overalls and barrier creams) with a brief by the Team Leader detailing the individual jobs and tasks expected of the individual for the day. Normally these tasks are already known but sometimes the order of tasks is changed about for operational reasons. All jobs have an Engineering Process Report (EPR) which breaks down the job into all the stages and steps needed to complete the task; this will also detail the relevant Engineering Drawings and tooling required for the job, as well as the kit of parts that need to be fitted.

As a fitter I have to assemble the kit of parts to the aircraft major sub assembly in accordance with the EPR. A few of these parts will have pre drilled ‘Part-to-Part’ holes that allow temporary fitment to other parts, but often for variations in hand made assemblies, these holes need ‘adjusted’ using tapered reamers to allow for precise alignment. This would be measured using steel engineers rule, feeler gauges or locally made shop jigs. Once these parts are temporarily fastened using spring loaded skin pins, the remainder of the necessary holes would need to be measured out, using spring dividers, engineers square and steel rule. These would then be pitched in the required position using a pilot size drill typically of 3/32” or 2.4mm. The holes need to be positioned allowing for the required edge distance and spacing form one fastener to the next. Obviously on a component made of multiple overlapping parts this hole goes through numerous pieces of metal, so therefore the position of the resultant hole on all the components needs to be taken into consideration. These holes would then need to be opened up using the correct clearance drill for fitment of the rivet, or opened up using reamers for fitment of close tolerance hi shear or hi tension bolts. The dimensions of these holes would be ascertained using Go-No go gauges and if the hole is out of tolerance then a Non Conformance Report needs to be raised. After consulting with the stress engineers and the drawing office, an oversize fastener could be fitted or a larger in depth repair may be needed. This would entail manufacturing a new part out of sheet metal of the correct alloy and heat treatment state, locally folded cut, trimmed and chemically re-protected in order to accommodate a different hole pattern or a larger fastener needing greater edge distance (Landing). This repair angle may then need further heat treatment to ease any stresses induced while bending, or to return the metal to its normal temper after previous softening or annealing. Aluminium Alloys need to be protected with an application of either Alochrom or Alodine. These are hazardous chemicals, and I have to be cleared for the use of these and have regular medical check ups to make sure I am suffering no ill health effects from their use. The bare (treated) metal then needs to be painted with an etch or epoxy primer, and the components have to be ‘Wet Assembled’ using a rubber-like interfay paste to prevent the ingress of moisture and to reduce the onset of Galvanic corrosion.

At this point the EPR may call for a stage inspection point for an inspector to ascertain that all the required steps have been followed, however, I have been approved as a ‘Delegated Operator’ which allows me to certify this myself.

The fasteners can then be installed. These are normally rivets, but there are different types of rivets made of different heat treatments, and different methods of installation. Most rivets in the outer skin would normally be flush fitted countersink rivets. The holes for these would have to be countersunk using a calibrated adjustable depth cutter to make sure that the rivet head sits flush with the skin. Forming the rivet normally entails hitting it with a rivet gun and correct shaped rivet ‘snap’. Having another worker on the ‘tail’ with a heavy metal block forms the rivet ‘reaction’. The size and shape of the resultant rivet reaction needs to be ascertained using a Go-No go gauge. The flush fitment of a countersunk fastener can be measured using a ‘Dial Test Indicator’ Any bad rivets need to be drilled out and reinserted, this sometimes damages the bore of the hole and the necessary corrective action needs to be followed to allow correct fitment of an oversize, properly ‘working’ rivet.

Close tolerance bolts and other fasteners have a specified ‘fit’; sometimes this is a sliding fit, or an interference fit. This has to be measured using plug gauges or internal micrometers or vernier callipers for larger diameter holes. The nut would have to be tightened to the correct torque using a ‘Torque Wrench’ of the correct rating.

The materials normally used in my current line of work are of the lightweight/high strength Aluminium alloys. These are normally lumped together as ‘Aluminium’; however the different alloys made from various other materials such as Magnesium, Silicon, Copper and Lithium, all have different properties and needed to be treated differently when working, cutting or drilling.

Stainless Steel and Titanium are also used more often now in the Aircraft world, these need a whole different range of handling and cutting skills. Stainless steel hydraulic and pneumatic pipelines are particularly fragile and easily kinked or crushed under bending.

My job also entails fitment of other parts, such as cabin windows, which need to be sealed and the fasteners torqued to the correct value. Air conditioning ducting, large mechanical and hydraulic components which all need pressure testing and functionally tested after fitment. The exterior panel joints need to be aerodynamically sealed to ensure an undulation free smooth surface finish. This is achieved using either pre mixed sealant, or large batches of self mixed sealant in tubes that is applied using pneumatic sealing guns. The Antennae also are sealed to prevent ingress of moisture and to prevent pressure leakage from inside the cabin.

My agent sent me out a form detailing all the information that I should put into the TRA, details about the size of the company, working hours salary etc.

The good thing about our agent is they are allowed to certify all documentation, which is included in his price, granted his price is £1600 but I think he is worth it, give them a look at here...

http://=http://www.visa-go.com/index.htm

[/url]

Guest Davyfella

For anyone who might need a hand with their company reference...

use this to get some ideas.

COMPANY LETTERHEAD

DRAFT REFERENCE

Date

REFERENCE: DAVID JOHN ASTON– DOB 31/07/1973

To Whom It May Concern:

David Aston is employed by our company on a full time basis as a qualified Fitter.

He commenced his employment in January 2000, working as part of a crew, directly manufacturing large and small Aircraft Sub-assemblies in a variety of Aluminium alloy and Composite Carbon Fibre materials. He has also assisted with the, Engineering Methods Department in their work to streamline the Engineering Process of building the Sub assemblies. He has recently been accepted onto a register for promotion to the position of Quality Control Inspector.

David’s regular duties during this time included:

• Fitment of metal parts to aircraft structures in accordance with Engineering Process Reports, and Engineering Drawings. Trim and adjust components and then checking alignments, tolerances and clearances against drawings to allow fitment. Use a variety of precision measuring devices to achieve tolerance compliance.

• Drill and ream components to permit fitment of Fasteners, Strip down, deburr and reassembly. Final fitment of fasteners such as Rivets, Blind fasteners, ‘Hi-Lock’ and Hi-Shear fasteners and Close tolerance Bolts. Application of secondary locking devices such as Cotter pins and Stainless steel twisted wire locking.

• Chemically treat and re-protect bare metal, apply sealing and interfay to prevent ingress of foreign matter or moisture and to prevent Galvanic, fretting or inter-granular corrosion. Apply Aerodynamic sealing.

• Installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipelines in both steel and light alloy including the cutting, threading and bending of pipes. Fitment of ‘Permaswage’ pipe joints and other flareless unions. Carry out pressure testing and leak detection on hydraulic and pneumatic pipelines.

• Fabricate and adjust repair pieces in accordance with Report of Non-Conformance instructions.

The tools and equipment that David used on a regular basis were:

• Measuring equipment including calliper, micrometers, rules, verniers and gauges

• Hydraulic press

• Pneumatic drills, Die Grinders, buzz saws, rivet squeezers and rivet guns

• Drills, Reamers, taps and dies

• Wrenches, spanners, files, screwdrivers, hammers, chisels and hand saws

• Lifting equipment

• Electric saws, Bending machines Guillotines, lathes and milling machines

Also other ancillary tasks that were expected in the execution of his duties were as following:

• Compliance with computerised production monitoring tracking systems

• Normal Workshop husbandry including reinstating the work environment.

• Compliance with PPE and Health and Safety regulations.

• Stamp and certify his work under the companies delegated operator scheme.

• Operate overhead lifting equipment. Inspect lifting equipment for any defect. Sling or attach a load to the overhead crane in a safe manner.

David is a highly skilled tradesman who shows great competence and reliability in his job requirements. He has proven himself to be a worthy team member and I would have no hesitation in recommending him as a quality employee.

Yours Sincerely,

Colin Burnside

Operations Team Manager

Tel:

E-mail:

Should do the business