Help please

Guest Rochesdownunder

Guest Rochesdownunder

We have a 176 visa and PR

My Dad has not long to live and I want to go home. Problem is my Passport expires in June 2012.

Has anyone any experience of how to get out of this fix fast

thanks

S

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Sorry to hear about your dad. Can't you go home with your passport before it expires in June and then renew it while you are in the uk?

Guest m.jephcott

I am sorry to hear about your dad, I am sure that I read on the passport site that you can obtain an emergency travel document by contacting the british embassy or consulate. I would search for british passport australia and read the info, also look up british embassy and contact a.s.a.p to see what your options are. Good luck.

Guest Rochesdownunder

thanks Guys Got on to the Irish embassy and will wait and see what happens will have to go on tuesday NO problem getting out and getting passport renewed Just getting back in is the problem Thanks again

Guest Shines

Hi, we actually arrived with new passports without the VISA in, as we decided at the last minute it would be easier to re-new before we left UK. We took our old ones with VISA in as well new ones (10 passports to look after and check in each time!!) when we emigrated. It was all fine and i'm sure someone put the VISA on our new passport electronically somewhere along the line.

So don't worry, just remember to have both passports on you when you return.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

Have you spoken to DIAC? If your 176 hasn't expired then you should be able to update DIAC with your new passport details when you get it. I know I've read before that people have travelled on their new passport and carried their old one with the visa grant too just in case there were any problems.

Hope you get it sorted, it must be a fairly common occurrence I would've thought, but the last thing you need right now is more stress.

Guest Rochesdownunder

Hi everyone Dad still the same and still waiting for the call. I got my emergency passport now and now calm and collected again Thanks xx