Six Months In and Loving It

Guest Hansonhouse

Guest Hansonhouse

:notworthy:Firstly I need to apologise profusely for not coming onto Poms In Adelaide for nearly 4 months! The only excuses I have are a) it's not as easy to get the internet in your home as you think therefore you have to prioritise internet access to sneaking snippets of communication with family and close friends only! and b) I started work full time in the New Year and therefore don't get to the library anymore.

Our internet problem was solved 2 weeks ago when we moved into our first Australian owned home and Telstra deemed us worthy of an internet connection - heaven. I feel connected again.

In 6 months, we have got car, house, job, fab school for kids, cricket team, footie and soccer teams and absolutely love it here. We have settled in Seaford Rise, within 5 mins walk of our friends who emigrated here 6 months before us and 30 mins away from our other friends in Aberfoyle Park who emigrated 18 months before us.

I don't miss family and friends quite as much as I expected to but that's thanks to regular phone and letter contact plus the occasional sneaky internet skype call from friends houses etc. and it's only 6 months.

I'm really looking forward to reading all the posts and conversations on here again and hopefully helping people with information as much as we got help on here right up to us coming in October 08.

Won't make the post too long for now, it's good to be back

Roz :jiggy:

Nice to hear of others settling well - congratulations!

I am slightly jelous of you having friends from home here though - that would make it even better!

all the best

Guest KP Nuts

I am slightly jelous of you having friends from home here though - that would make it even better!

all the best

Hi there...... so am I .............

Good to hear things are going well for you.

What school are your kids at?

Guest Hansonhouse

The kids are at Moana Primary School and re: having friends here, they have been our lifeline and have definately filled the void of our family and other friends from home. I don't know that we would even have considered coming if it weren't for knowing that we had them to support us as it has made such a difference to how we have settled. They did all the leg work in regard to choosing where to live, schools, banks etc etc and when we arrived they never pushed us to do the same as them but gave us info whenever we asked, enabling us to benefit from the work they had already done. That's what made us choose Moana school as they had already rung around and visited them all and chosen this one. If it was good enough for my close friend who has the same values as me, then it was good enough for me and mine. I am very grateful to them for all this, they even gave us a list when we arrived of everything to be done in the first week, where to go and do it etc, marked it all out on the street directory and then insured their second car for us to use for a fortnight to sort it all out - bless em.

Guest heather&dean
The kids are at Moana Primary School and re: having friends here, they have been our lifeline and have definately filled the void of our family and other friends from home. I don't know that we would even have considered coming if it weren't for knowing that we had them to support us as it has made such a difference to how we have settled. They did all the leg work in regard to choosing where to live, schools, banks etc etc and when we arrived they never pushed us to do the same as them but gave us info whenever we asked, enabling us to benefit from the work they had already done. That's what made us choose Moana school as they had already rung around and visited them all and chosen this one. If it was good enough for my close friend who has the same values as me, then it was good enough for me and mine. I am very grateful to them for all this, they even gave us a list when we arrived of everything to be done in the first week, where to go and do it etc, marked it all out on the street directory and then insured their second car for us to use for a fortnight to sort it all out - bless em.

What fantastic friends, they should start a meet and greet service, lol. Great to hear that you've settled so quickly, we're still between 8 mnths and a year to getting out there....seems so long :-(