Validating your Visa

Guest covfan71

Guest covfan71

Hi guys,

can anyone tell me that when you validate your visa all family members have to be there as well. Basically it looks as though my Visa will be granted a lot earlier than expected because of the new rules and because the Visa would probably expire before we planned to move i wanted to come over, validate the visa and do a bit of a recce at the same time. My wife probably won't be able to come due to work and of the fact we have 2 young children and don't want to make them travel all that way for a week or so. So can i come over on my own???

Guest BAZnDAF

Good question, but one I have no answer for, we are in the same situation and we are all going. Not sure they would validate a visa in a passport if the person presenting it was not the passports owner.

I would contact DIAC/Australian Border Control to be completely sure, and get some kind of evidence to make sure its possible, long way to travel to find out you all got to go and validate.

Barry

Hi guys,

can anyone tell me that when you validate your visa all family members have to be there as well. Basically it looks as though my Visa will be granted a lot earlier than expected because of the new rules and because the Visa would probably expire before we planned to move i wanted to come over, validate the visa and do a bit of a recce at the same time. My wife probably won't be able to come due to work and of the fact we have 2 young children and don't want to make them travel all that way for a week or so. So can i come over on my own???

Hi Mark

I believe that you can come on your own to validate your visa first but that all family members on the visa must validate the visa by the initial entry date on your visa in your passports which is normally 1 year from the date that the visa was granted( was in our case but I have seen others who only had a few months to validate their visa) and they have to be present when this is done so you can not take their passports and do it for them, if not the visa becomes invalid. Normally the initial entry date is fixed and DIAC will not change it.

I think the entry date is normaly linked to the date of your medicals or police checks whichever was done first.

Validating is just a mater of passing through Australian immigration at an airport and they swipe your passport which activates it then you can come and go for up to five years

Regards

Nigel

Guest covfan71
Hi Mark

I believe that you can come on your own to validate your visa first but that all family members on the visa must validate the visa by the initial entry date on your visa in your passports which is normally 1 year from the date that the visa was granted( was in our case but I have seen others who only had a few months to validate their visa) and they have to be present when this is done so you can not take their passports and do it for them, if not the visa becomes invalid. Normally the initial entry date is fixed and DIAC will not change it.

I think the entry date is normaly linked to the date of your medicals or police checks whichever was done first.

Validating is just a mater of passing through Australian immigration at an airport and they swipe your passport which activates it then you can come and go for up to five years

Regards

Nigel

That is not the answer i was hoping for but thanks. An extra trip 3 months b4 we actually move is not the sort of extra expense I wanted. I will have to try and delay our medicals until Sep if we can.

Guest sandar1

Not sure about the answer with this one, but be careful you have it right, I messed up doing the same with our greencard process and had to start all over again. I would check with Australian immigration to make sure you have the right info, check out their website, and if not clear contact them or an agent for advice. Please contact me seperately and I will give you the name of an agent if you wish who can give advice.

Sandra

That is not the answer i was hoping for but thanks. An extra trip 3 months b4 we actually move is not the sort of extra expense I wanted. I will have to try and delay our medicals until Sep if we can.

as regards your medicals your CO will request them when they want them and you have a set time to show that you have had them done or that you have made an appointment as soon as possible to have them done. I think you will have to wait until you new baby arrives any way as you wife will not be able to have a chest ex ray so that me give you more time but it also means you visa will be delayed.

I think you are also going to have to put your new baby on the visa to, but I may be wrong on that one. Might be worth while talking to an agent or whoever is sponsoring you on that one.

Alan Collett is a member on this site and he is an agent try sending him a pm.

Nigel.

Guest Trakki

When you get your visa it will have the date on there that you have to validate by and this is normally a year from the medicals or police check. You all have to validate so unfortunately you cannot do it on behalf of other family members.

HTH

Guest covfan71
as regards your medicals your CO will request them when they want them and you have a set time to show that you have had them done or that you have made an appointment as soon as possible to have them done. I think you will have to wait until you new baby arrives any way as you wife will not be able to have a chest ex ray so that me give you more time but it also means you visa will be delayed.

I think you are also going to have to put your new baby on the visa to, but I may be wrong on that one. Might be worth while talking to an agent or whoever is sponsoring you on that one.

Alan Collett is a member on this site and he is an agent try sending him a pm.

Nigel.

Yes i will have to add the new one so it will delay it a bit but not 3 months. We'lll just have to bite the bullit and make an extra trip earlier than planned to validate the Visa. Very expensive additional costs

Alan Collet was my agent who gave me these timescales for submitting my visa in the first place, that's why i'm in this mess. should have gone alone.

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi guys, yes you all have to validate your visa's in person, the same happened to us back in feb 09, all six had to go, at least we now have to 2013 to sell the house before the visa runs out, we sold the family car ,so now drive a £400 old banger :biglaugh:

at least we know we definitaly like australia so in some ways its worked out better in the long run, as long as the car keeps going!

good luck

Guest covfan71

Does anyone know if we have to go together to validate. Ideally i would like to go out a week earlier to get house/car etc sorted before wife and kids arrive