Painters wanted

kevt

Guest Shaun O

Daz If all goes well with our application should follow son after. Have had my business for past 5 years. Could look at working together buddy? Only a thought but you sound as motivated as me!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest seasiders1
Just wanted to bounce this to the top again and let you know i am still looking for Painters, i do need to stress that it is painters i need, please goet in touch.

many thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I am about 4-6 weeks from getting permanent residency, and will be looking to come over on my own initially dependant mainly on when we sell the house, so at present i dont have a definite date as yet.

I have been in the industry for 22 years, being a third generation p&d. I have served my time, but never finished my qualification, but do hold the Australian equivalent certificate.

I have worked for a variety of firms, carrying out private and commercial work, internal and external. For the last 7 years i have run my own company, which can be found at http://www.jpcdecor.co.uk.

I will keep you posted as things progress.

Cheers

John Cawood

• 4 weeks later...
Guest andrea

Hi Kevin, Iv,e just had my 176 visa granted and thought id pick your brains as want to move asap, i have 28 years under my belt having been self employed 22 of them, last ten have been running my own ltd company with up to 15 employee,s and contracts up to 125k, cut back due to credit crunch, in other words main contractors playing god , whats work situation like sounds as if plenty pricework on newbuilds, also should i bring all my airless spraying equipment as i have used them for years, if you think i could help your situation regarding work let me know if not any advice would be great, hope to hear from you.

Kind Regards Sean

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Dennic

Hi Kevin,

My hubby is high end painter and decorator in London, we are looking at moving to grange hopefully in November this year, he has 25 years experience working with the very rich and famous such as princess Fergie, Queen of Denmark, Rod Stuart, and loads more, he has all refs to show. What we would like to know is would you be interested in talking to us about work, wages and so on as if we could have a job lined up it would help us alot with the visa!

Please PM me if you are interested as I don't know what would be the best time to call you.

Thank you so much your post has given us even more hope ;)

Denni :biggrin:

Guest Shepway Gills

Hi

We are moving to aldinga beach in sep of 2013 i know its sometime off but we have to wait for our daughter to complete her Gcse's. I am a painter and decorator with over 25 years experiance I would love to think that i could have a job the second we move to OZ could you tell me if there is likly to be a job for me about then? and if so what sort of wage be it weekly or hourly rate? this would also help me to know what sort of rent i could go up to when we need too any help would be much appriciated?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Henrik7

Hi Kev, I am new to the forum and did notice the original post dates back to 2011. I was just wondering if you can shed any light on how things fare at present within the painting trade and also construction as a whole. I am currently going though the visa process and would like to get a feel for how things are in Adelaide with possible work prospects for time served painters. Been working for just over the last 7 years self employed in Scotland and have over 20 years total experience within various sectors eg new build, commercial, private and also insurance work. Any help and or advice from your experience would be greatly appreciated.

regards

​john

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Denise 42

Hi

we arrive October was in Adelaide Hills for 4 years, had to go back to UK but now all sorted will be back, husband got 30 years experience in painting. so let us know if still need people then PM please

Edited by snifter
Email as per forum rules

Guest skel

hi Kev my name is Neil, I wondered if you come across any tiling jobs as this is my trade, do you know any people there looking for tilers in and around Adelaide ,thanks for your time mate Neil

Sorry only just seen these posts, I haven't been on here for a long while. Work has slowed down in the new house market but the builders have enough work for the regular guys they have, like me, I have 2 guys working for me and I am busy but not busy enough to take on more people at the current time. The problem in with working on the new houses is that because there isn't loads of houses being built the builders can keep the rates they pay down, mine have been the same for nearly 5 years now and paint goes up around 8% a year so not good which makes it very hard to pay a decent rate to people I have working for me.

I would advise anyone starting out here to get a job working for someone to start with, while getting your licence, white card and public liability (10 million at least needed) sorted on the side and start taking your own work on, it will take a while getting your foot in doors but then if you do a good job you will have no problem. Builders are fussy considering what they pay but you can have constant work once you get in with them. I work for weeks building group Skel and they are always looking for decent tillers.

I have been in Adelaide for almost 8 years now and work is definitely slower than it was when I first came here so be prepared so a slow start to working on your own.

hope that hasn't put anyone one off.

kevin

Hi,we are here in adelaide and my husband is looking for work,hes an electrician but pretty nuch can do any maintenance and painting work.his number is 420 305 465