Another shipping question

Guest teamV

Guest Crushfamily

Don't know how far you have got with this but you couldn't reuse the old tyres or import them once you arrive. Any tyres not on rims have to be disinfected with methyl bromide (not used in Europe)

ex_clrpixel.gif Condition C5295 Non-Commercial

A Non-Commercial consignment is considered to contain a maximum of 8 tyres, be imported with an accompanying vehicle and is not intended for resale.

1. An Import Permit is not required.

2. A Quarantine Entry is not required.

3. Each consignment will be subject to an inspection to verify that it is free of water, live insects, soil and other quarantine risk material.

4. Each consignment is subject to mandatory fumigation with methyl bromide (T9047).

5. If the consignment does not meet the above conditions it will require treatment as detailed in the Commercial conditions below, re-exportation or destruction.

Commercial

1. An Import Permit is required and must be valid at the time the goods are imported into Australia. Permit applications may be sent to the Machinery and Military National Coordination Centre in Brisbane for assessment.

2. A Quarantine Entry must be lodged for each consignment.

3. Each consignment must be accompanied by a tyre cleanliness declaration from the exporter stating that:

‘The used tyres have been cleaned prior to export to remove contamination’.

4. Each consignment is subject to fumigation with methyl bromide (T9047). If this is carried out overseas the consignment must be accompanied by a valid fumigation certificate (see C5154) stating that the treatment was carried out within 14 days of loading and documentation stating that the tyres were stored and loaded under cover after fumigation.

5. If the tyres are shipped as a Full Container Load (FCL) and have been shipped in a six sided container (dry box) then it should be noted by either:

a) Container description codes depicting a 6 hard sided container type on the Bill of Lading

e.g. Dry cube (DC)

High Cube (HC)

General Purpose (GP)

High Cube general purpose (HCGP)

or see here http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_casecontent.asp?intNodeId=8662061&intCommodityId=1634&Types=none&WhichQuery=Go+to+full+text&intSearch=1&LogSessionID=0

Don't know how far you have got with this but you couldn't reuse the old tyres or import them once you arrive. Any tyres not on rims have to be disinfected with methyl bromide (not used in Europe)

ex_clrpixel.gif Condition C5295 Non-Commercial

A Non-Commercial consignment is considered to contain a maximum of 8 tyres, be imported with an accompanying vehicle and is not intended for resale.

1. An Import Permit is not required.

2. A Quarantine Entry is not required.

3. Each consignment will be subject to an inspection to verify that it is free of water, live insects, soil and other quarantine risk material.

4. Each consignment is subject to mandatory fumigation with methyl bromide (T9047).

5. If the consignment does not meet the above conditions it will require treatment as detailed in the Commercial conditions below, re-exportation or destruction.

Commercial

1. An Import Permit is required and must be valid at the time the goods are imported into Australia. Permit applications may be sent to the Machinery and Military National Coordination Centre in Brisbane for assessment.

2. A Quarantine Entry must be lodged for each consignment.

3. Each consignment must be accompanied by a tyre cleanliness declaration from the exporter stating that:

‘The used tyres have been cleaned prior to export to remove contamination’.

4. Each consignment is subject to fumigation with methyl bromide (T9047). If this is carried out overseas the consignment must be accompanied by a valid fumigation certificate (see C5154) stating that the treatment was carried out within 14 days of loading and documentation stating that the tyres were stored and loaded under cover after fumigation.

5. If the tyres are shipped as a Full Container Load (FCL) and have been shipped in a six sided container (dry box) then it should be noted by either:

a) Container description codes depicting a 6 hard sided container type on the Bill of Lading

e.g. Dry cube (DC)

High Cube (HC)

General Purpose (GP)

High Cube general purpose (HCGP)

or see here http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_casecontent.asp?intNodeId=8662061&intCommodityId=1634&Types=none&WhichQuery=Go+to+full+text&intSearch=1&LogSessionID=0

Thanks I'm begining to think the visa was the easy bit,we have gone back to the roro ferry for the campervan ,as its going to be a lot easyier to sort out as its just touch and go wether it will fit in the container ,but we are a bit stuck as we need to score 100 points to apply for the import licence and we haven't sold our house , I'm still working and we haven't booked flights,heres the points system.

Is there anything on the list we can apply for while still in the uk ,can we apply for the bottom 4 on the list ,

Kev.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Applicants must substantiate an intention to remain in Australia by establishing the following details (100 points is required). Please indicate the documents you have attached to this application. (This list is a guide; it is not necessary to include every document.)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Your employment details in Australia (eg, a letter from your employer). 50 points

[/TD]

[TD=width: 50%]Your residential details in Australia (eg, copies of property purchase / rental documents). 50 points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 50%]The shipment of your household goods to Australia (eg, copies of shipping documents).20 points

[/TD]

[TD=width: 50%]Copies of other residential documents (eg, telephone and electricity accounts).10 points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 50%]Resignation letter from overseas employer 50 points

[/TD]

[TD=width: 50%]Recent sale/cancellation of overseas residential property 50 points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Foreign citizens settling in Australia may also substantiate an intention to remain in Australia by providing evidence that they have arranged the following details. Please indicate the documents you have attached to this application. (This list is a guide; it is not necessary to include every document.)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 50%]Evidence that you have applied for an Australian Tax File Number. 25 points

[/TD]

[TD=width: 50%]Evidence that you have applied for an Australian bank account. 25 points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 50%]Evidence that you have registered with Medicare. 25 points

[/TD]

[TD=width: 50%]Evidence that you have applied for an Australian driver’s licence. 25 points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Note. Please refer to Section 5.7 (pages 17-21) of VSB 10 – Importing Vehicles to Australia for more information of the documents to be

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest Crushfamily

We used the emails from our landlord in Aus, we had an ANZ bank account which we had already validated and a copy of my passport for the 100 points. As you can see we did this from over here also and it wasn't easy.

You may get away with two vehicles as it per adult not per family. Depends whether the scooters are pre 1989. If so you are in with a chance.

We used the emails from our landlord in Aus, we had an ANZ bank account which we had already validated and a copy of my passport for the 100 points. As you can see we did this from over here also and it wasn't easy.

You may get away with two vehicles as it per adult not per family. Depends whether the scooters are pre 1989. If so you are in with a chance.

Sorry but I think I've missed something ,I can't work out were you get points for the passport.I work for myself so I could resign at any time so that's easy and I think the bank account should be easy if I new which bank to go with ,I've a few that keep emailing me ,after our agent give on our details,so that would be 75 for those to ,I would just need another 25

Cheers Kev

Guest satish_lkb

Hi,

Hi.. We are shipping some house hold stuff to Adelaide (8-9 boxes with 3 volume of 3 CBM). My Cargo agent here quotes AUD 1200 as destination clearance and transportation charges other than shipping charges. Just wanted to know whether "customs clearance and transportation charges" for 3 CBM volume house hold stuff will come to AUD 1200/- or not. The address I gave for delivery of the stuff (Beulah Park, Adelaide) is hardly 20 km away from port. Any one can give me a rough idea?? If its less, I will opt to clear and transport the stuff once I land there with the help of some local agents.....

Sat

• 2 months later...

I got import approval this morning for the camper and my 2 lambretta's ,really pleased and it means we will have the camper for expolering Australia ,the paperwork has taken about 4 weeks .

Kev.

Guest Crushfamily

Hi Kev,

Be very careful on your calculations on the camper - since my reply my vehicles are now here and although still ahead financially they will tax you on the purchase price of your camper van, There is no depreciation allowance. So say the van cost you £20000 and cost £6000 to ship you will pay 5% of £20000 = £1000+ 10% of £26000 + $70 fee so in excess of £3600. There will also be customs clearance costs of £600-700 as well. By the time it is here it may well have cost you £10K to bring it!

Nick