A Sad Day Today

Misplaced

It's hard to let go of some of our prized possessions. But it's all for the ultimate goal in the end. My OH decided to sell his kit car last weekend and there were some tears but he feels he's made the right decision.

It's hard to let go of some of our prized possessions. But it's all for the ultimate goal in the end. My OH decided to sell his kit car last weekend and there were some tears but he feels he's made the right decision.

I'm with him and he has my deepest and heartfelt sympathies :sad:

But as you my OH have said it is all towards the new life :jiggy:

It's such an emotional rollercoaster, isn't it? Through the whole application process and all the milestones along the way, and then it comes to actually having the visa and packing up and leaving behind so much.

We don't have our visa yet, so still playing the waiting game. I'm also having a really sad day today, but the only thing getting me through is the thought that there is a good chance we'll get the visa and try for a better life. Here we are just surviving from paycheque to paycheque, trying not to go too deep into the savings which we'll need for Adelaide.

Anyway, yes, I do understand how you are about your bike as my husband is convinced he's taking his with him! That's something we'll deal with later, hopefully, if we get the visa!

Sorry for rambling.. :err:

Guest zamunda

Know how you feel.

Over the years my wife and I had built up a small calssic car collection. 5 cars in total. We also had an off-road camping trailer. All these (except for one car) was sold off over the past two months. Our beloved 1973 Mini Cooper left us yesterday. Thankfully they all have gone to collectors so we are sure that they will continue to get the tlc we gave them. If not more.

We have had so much fond memories in each and every one of these cars. It's been a very difficult time. But we keep telling our selves that it is something we have to do for something better (we hope).