Flights are booked!!!!

Guest samandlee

Guest samandlee

Yeay our flights are booked, heading out from burnley , lancs ( Manchester) June 13th. Singapore airlines. Sooooo excited now. Is anyone else heading out arou d the same time?

Guest leeannekays

We have a short term fully furnished rental sorted for when we first arrive and have it until 25th May. In that time we have to find long term rental. Have you got a school in mind yet? Have you got a rental booked?

Guest samandlee

Rentals are what we are trying to sort at the mo, we want to do same really. Rent a furnished one for a month and in that time find a long term rental. Who did u find ur rental through? I keep looking at schools but as not sure on area yet will look into more when we get there. .

Guest leeannekays

We are renting with Acacia Rentals. I have been looking at a few schools however need to have a look round once we arrive and also look at where were going to live.

Hi samandlee: Congratulations! Not long now before you start living your dream of a life Down Under

As you're flying with Singapore Airlines but didn't mention getting extra baggage allowance when you booked, I thought I'd better mention it, just in case you didn't know about it - and for the benefit of others about to make their flight booking to Oz with SA. Assuming it still stands, I read a few months ago in either PIO or British Expats that Singapore Airlines (plus one or two other airlines -- I think Cathay Pacific being one of them) allow a double-baggage weight of 40kgs for one-way tickets to Oz, as long as you have an unused migrant visa which states 'to remain in Australia indefinitely'. It's such a great bonus!

If you already know about it, I apologise for putting my oar in when it wasn't invited, but thought I'd mention it anyway, just in case ...

I wish you all the very best for the future!!

Yeay our flights are booked, heading out from burnley , lancs ( Manchester) June 13th. Singapore airlines. Sooooo excited now. Is anyone else heading out arou d the same time?

HiSam & Lee

Congrats on booking your flights. Just double check with Singapore airlines re the prev poster of double baggage allowance - as we flew with them and they wouldnt allow us the extra allowance - we only ended up with 25kg. Things may have changed, but double check.

Besides that, Singapore Airlines were fab and I would fly with them anytime. My tv was working for the whole of the flight, and there were no other spaces for me to move into - they gave me a $100 on the spot to spend on the duty free - so we started our new life with a bottle of Jack Daniels and a big bottle of Angel perfume!

Exciting times ahead - enjoy the ride!

Sarah

Congratulations on booking your flights! Now it will start to feel real, for sure!

We flew out nearly 2 weeks ago with Singapore Airlines.....they were great. I was travelling alone with our 5 year old and we had a major 11 hour delay at LHR which meant we missed our connection in Singapore. They really looked after us, however, and put us up in a lovely hotel at Singapore Airport with all meals included. It wasn't stressful at all as their service was so good. They also met us off the plane in Adelaide and helped me to take all our luggage through to my husband in the arrivals hall. Can't fault them!

I'm sure the next few months will be extremely busy for you but it will all be worth it once you get here.

Bye for now

Lyn x

Guest Anouk

Congratulations! My husband going out same day from M'cr, but flying with Qantas. My daughter and I are following on 25th July. We're from Chorley, Lancs.

Exciting times :-)

Guest K.gordon
Hi samandlee: Congratulations! Not long now before you start living your dream of a life Down Under

As you're flying with Singapore Airlines but didn't mention getting extra baggage allowance when you booked, I thought I'd better mention it, just in case you didn't know about it - and for the benefit of others about to make their flight booking to Oz with SA. Assuming it still stands, I read a few months ago in either PIO or British Expats that Singapore Airlines (plus one or two other airlines -- I think Cathay Pacific being one of them) allow a double-baggage weight of 40kgs for one-way tickets to Oz, as long as you have an unused migrant visa which states 'to remain in Australia indefinitely'. It's such a great bonus!

If you already know about it, I apologise for putting my oar in when it wasn't invited, but thought I'd mention it anyway, just in case ...

I wish you all the very best for the future!!

I've heard about this baggage allowance too but do you know if you can get it if you're on a student visa?

Guest leeannekays

When we fly in less than 2 weeks we have to checkin and show that it's our first time for entering the country on our permanent residency visa. Then we get double the Mount on baggage.

Guest samandlee

Hi leeanne, I am not sure but I think maybe lee will only be entitled as the kids and I have citizenship and not a visa? I bet u r all really excited now. How are the children feeling?

Guest leeannekays

Hi Sam and Lee, the children are fine, they know we are going and looking forward to the flight. I think the rest will just fit in and be ok. Xxxx are you feeling ok. Xx

We are renting with Acacia Rentals. I have been looking at a few schools however need to have a look round once we arrive and also look at where were going to live.

Hi Leeanne & Rob

We stayed at the Acacia property in Moana when we were getting schools, houses etc sorted. It's a lovely place and has everything you will need. Plus, it's well located to check out all the southern suburbs.

Best of luck and enjoy your last couple of weeks in the UK.

Paul & Sarah

Guest Yankmedownunder

As samandlee mentioned, some airlines will give you a baggage allowance. I landed in sydney and continued on the next day to Adelaide, and the airline smacked me with a huge fee for my extra bag, it was more than the flight ticket!

Guest butchy2k

As a barlicker I would like to say welcome, well welcome when you get here! And good luck, you will love it! Just had friends come back from a week in preston, went home to the local, found the same people in the same spot in the same pub moaning about the same things!!! needless to say they were glad to be back. I just finished watching history of GB off the beeb, and saw a smiliar house to one we used to live in that was decent, terrace, one front window, one back window up and downstairs, now I look a t the place we built................damn I am glad we moved, you WILL love it here..

Guest samandlee

Hi Sush, yeah we can keep in touch , hows things going at your end? I feel like my head is going to explode!! Where abouts are you going to?

Hey barlicker! Where abouts are you? How long have you been over in adelaide? (sorry its just all questions). I can believe it about your frriend coming back to preston and it all being same! Cant wait to get over there and hopefully meet up with of you guys. Cheers for all the info.

Sam.

Hi Sush, yeah we can keep in touch , hows things going at your end? I feel like my head is going to explode!! Where abouts are you going to?

Hey barlicker! Where abouts are you? How long have you been over in adelaide? (sorry its just all questions). I can believe it about your frriend coming back to preston and it all being same! Cant wait to get over there and hopefully meet up with of you guys. Cheers for all the info.

Sam.

Hi Sam

We are haeding North Adelaide, If you want to meet up Friday night for a drink let me know !

Sush.

Guest aanitahir

me also plan to go in end of May to adelaide but really no idea at all. my husband and 3years old duaghter with me,any idea about cheap airline and rental?