AHPRA application time frames...

Guest MandiMR2

Thanks for the tips everyone. Last night on the phone ahpra said they still hadn't received it and asked us to get it resent from nmc. So today the nmc have said yes they can do that but the request must come from ahpra. This merry-go-round is getting ridiculous

Roy, you are in a right track hopefully everything will be ready very soon. Write an email to your CO to get in touch with the NMC through email. For our application it took around one month in this procedure.

Roy, you are in a right track hopefully everything will be ready very soon. Write an email to your CO to get in touch with the NMC through email. For our application it took around one month in this procedure.

Thanks Pop

Guest Kitty kat

My Nmc verification was sent on the 5/2/13.

i received a letter from them stating what date and which area of Australia they sent it too.

Today I received an email from AHPRA to say I have a letter in principle, which is in the post and they emailed me a copy as well.

So mine was sent just a couple of days before yours.

Hope you hear soon, cos waiting is total torture.

Forgot to say my application was sent to queensland office.x

• 1 month later...

Hi there all,

I have applied to the Adelaide office and had an email to say they had received my application on 18/3/13 and NMC verification has been sent from UK on 26/3/13. I will keep you all updated on time frames.

Quick question when anyone has phoned AHPRA did you just call the generic number or are there specific office numbers eg. Adelaide so you can contact the office directly?

Thank you

Update: on 10/04/13 received an email from someone who I assume is my caseworker to say they are awaiting my nmc verification.

Update: after phone call to AHPRA on 8/5/13 they found my verification then low and behold on 10/5/13 I receive an email to say I am eligible Yipee!!!! so it took 2 months from sending it to getting my registration.

So my advise to anyone still waiting is phone them things seem to move a lot quicker that way. Good luck all

Edited by ericacaca
additional info

Guest Renal Nurse

Hi, I posted my application on 5th November and (other than an email acknowledging receipt) I heard nothing i received email confirmation of elidgibilty on 14th Feb. hope that helps

Good luck

Guest MandiMR2

Hi there everyone, just an update on my application...I posted everything on 18th March, then received an e-mail on 4th April confirming receipt, not heard anything else as yet, so hopefully no news = good news!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have emailed my case worker twice with no reply to ask if AHPRA had received my verification letter from the NMC so then I phoned them last night and spoke to a very nice lady who has said they received my NMC letter on 29/4/13 but it was in a different part of my file not where it is normally attached. She then advised me that she would attach a note to my file and I should email my case officer and ask him to review it, I am guessing I probably wont hear anything back this time either.

​Has anyone else had the same problems with their case officers not replying?

Thank you

Erica

• 8 months later...
Guest MandiMR2

Mine was just under 8 weeks so lucky for me too. I think time scale is much longer now, but to all those at that at that frustratingly & impatient stage of waiting to hear...hang on & persevere, it will happen then you will be suddenly at the stage of almost going wondering where the time has gone!!!!

• 1 month later...

My girlfriend had a slightly less positive experience with APHRA. I think they can be very hit and miss, we had a feeling her case officer went off on long term sick because it changed when she started chasing the application after 12 weeks. Took 20 weeks to process in the end. I work with someone on secondment from SA health and they said APHRA is a mess and inefficient

• 1 month later...
Guest Solomon Ishaq

Hi! I am a nurse from Pakistan and applied AHPRA on 14 February but just came to know that have to do some sort of assessment from ANMCA. Can someone tell.me please if I missing something.

• 5 months later...

My girlfriend is in her 5th month of waiting, they forgot about her application for 5 weeks, apologized, said they needed more info which took 3-4 weeks for us to obtain from the states... nor they said it will take another 4 weeks while it is awaiting the next assessment slot...

Some of the people there are helpful, but most give generic idiotic answers that contradict everything else being emailed to us...

and Australia is short of nurses :|