Calling all 175ers!!!!

Guest ReadyPenny

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi all

We are hoping to be in Adelaide by March 2009 for two reasons

1 OH employer is expecting us then - although no fixed start date doesn't want to wait any longer

2 Start of school year (well nearly) for Amber

Please take a look at our timeline in signature and let me know if this is realistic or not.

Has anyone else been granted a 175 within 5/6 months?

Cheers all look forward to hearing from you

Guest MR&MRSC

Hi there,

Not sure with your question, no personal experience. However, there were two families up at school, about two years ago, who had job sponsers set up in Auz. (by a previous work pal. who had left for Auz.) They both went between 6 to 7 months after start date. Maybe the old saying is true, 'it's not what you know, but who you know'. Use the future employer to help when poss. and just check you have ticked all the boxes.

Good luck. Hope someone with experience can respond and help sooooon.

Leila

is the 175 the same as the old 136??? if so, our application arrived in oz around about the 24th march i think( if i remember rightly) and our visa was granted on 7th august so a tad over 4 months:)tho it can vary a lot, some peeps wait much longer, we frontloaded everything so soon as case officer picked up our file it was all set to go and it seemed to work for us. I guess theres no specific answer for you, if you are one of the lucky ones you may not have to wait too long, or you could wait longer than you think, bit like the question how long is a piece of string, anyones guess is the answer

Hope they dont make you wait too long and you get your visa without too much stress:wubclub:

Dawn x

Guest Lee and Claire

Hi there

Applied for 175 in Nov 07, front loaded PC and Meds,Visa was Granted late April08.

Can't say for sure that your visa will be granted in the 6 months as other Nov07 applicants waited months after myself and think some are still waiting ,,,,think its all to do with luck

SO GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Lee

Guest ReadyPenny

Thanks guys for your replies. We have been REALLY lucky so far, everything has just fallen into place for us. We had a job offer 2 weeks after deciding to make the move, OH took the Aussie Qualification for his job a month after that, 1 week after that we flew out to meet employer and do a reccie. We returned home and had a break from "australia" and then did TRA and police checks and even sold the house without putting it on the market!!!

With all that in mind it can go one of two ways. Our luck will continue and the VISA will be quick, our meds are booked for end of October. Alternatively, as nothing has gone wrong yet, we may be waiting, with everything else in place, for months on end - aargh!!!

Hope it goes our way but hey we are grateful for the luck and help we have had so far so can't complain.

Mandy

• 1 month later...
Guest shohreh

It's really wierd , we have logdged for 176 on 17th of December and we don't have a case officer.I just called my immigration agent , she said that they are processing june applications at the momonet , and it is impossible to get a case officer if you have applied later than June !!

Is she lying?

It's really wierd , we have logdged for 176 on 17th of December and we don't have a case officer.I just called my immigration agent , she said that they are processing june applications at the momonet , and it is impossible to get a case officer if you have applied later than June !!

Is she lying?

HI!

IT IS TRUE THAT THEY ARE PROCESSING JUNE 08 AT THE MO, WE APPLIED THEN, FRONLOADED MEDS IN OCT AND GOT VISA IN NOV.

BUT THE WAY THIS CRAZY SYSYTEM WORKS NO ONE CAN SAY - PEOPLE FROM END OF LAST YEAR ARE STILL WAITING !!

HAVE YOU CONTACTED THE DIAC DIRECTLY AS TO WHY YOU HAVEN'T GOT A CO - THEY MAY BE ABLE TO SHED SOMELIGHTON THIS FOR YOU

KEEP US POSTED AS TO HOW YOU GET ON

LYNNE XX:wubclub: