Laptops and vaccuum cleaners advice please

Guest Avastar

Guest Avastar

We need to buy a new laptop for use in Oz - can anyone tell me if we should buy one here in the UK (I could probs get a bargain at the mo or in the sales), or wait til I get to Oz?

We don't need a fancy one, just be using it for the net and Word documents...

Also, one of the reps from the shipping companies that visited us said we should buy a Dyson over here, use it a couple of times then ship it over as they're really expensive in Oz. We need a new one, our old DC01 is knackered!

Any thoughts??

Many thanks in advance!

:biggrinxmas: :biggrinxmas: :biggrinxmas:

we bought a dyson here when we got here and i dont think they are any different in price than the uk, we got ours for about $325 after a cash discount, laptops, you need to think about if anything breaks on it your warranty wont be valid from the uk so maybe better off buying one here least if owt goes wrong in first year ya warranty will cover it:)

Dawn x

In general i would say Dysons are more expensive here. I would buy one in the UK just make sure you use it a bit. As for Laptops we bought ours in the UK but we bought a Dell one so it was covered where ever we were. We have also got a Dell Home computer and have had a few problems getting ink for the printer but found a place in Marion recently.

Guest Avastar

Thanks for your replies!

In terms of laptops then, are they more expensive in Oz?

We've never even been to Oz before so I have no idea of the retail set-up there - can you recommend any on-line stores I can check out first!?

Many thanks again :coolxmas:

...we bought a Dell one so it was covered where ever we were...

Not so sure about that warranty actually - a UK Dell will be covered in Europe but not outside...i.e. over here. Could be wrong, but I think you would need to have purchased an extra worldwide warranty for it to be covered wherever you travel.

Have a look at this (taken from Dell UK site):

"...For Dell notebook computers with International Service cover, service is available while travelling outside of the country in which it was purchased. This service is only available in countries where there is a "direct" Dell Business.

For other Dell products, service is valid only in the country in which the Dell product was purchased. Dell will transfer the service providing we are advised of the relocation, and that the service is available in the new location. Service will be available in the new country once Dell has been has been notified and Dell's system updated. If systems are being relocated internationally, Customers should complete the transfer form located on the Dell's website http://www.dell.com/globaltagtransfer ..."

Guest turners

I think dysons are expensive here and with them beinga global company sure the warranty will still be valid our ipod crashed and was 5 days out of warranty and apple in australia extended the warranty and replaced it for us fantastic