Got any recommendations for Dog Boarding Kennels

Guest Fancy a Beer

Guest Fancy a Beer

I know there been a few threads on here people recommending Dog Kennels, cant seem to find them, so just wondered if anyone can recommend some preferably in the good old North of Adelaide!

Also if you recommend them can you say why!!

We are using one at the moment in the Hills its ok but just put up prices and well I not 100% happy with it!

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi Fancy A Beer. My brother recently used the boarding kennels at the Animal Welfare League in Wingfield. He was very impressed with the service and the price. They will let you have a tour around to check the place out before you decide to make a booking.

http://www.animalwelfare.com.au/Services/PetBoarding/tabid/66/Default.aspx

Cheers, Kazza

I personally would ONLY ever use the RSPCA at Lonsdale - have been to visit a number of others and also used Windamere (as I was desperate) and never would again. They are probably fine if you have an outside dog or one that is left alone a lot. I have a very, very people-orientated lap dog and she was not happy anywhere else - at one of them she was moved outside to a cage, because she was being 'a princess'. Corialta told me that they go down and visit the dogs once a day and that they aren't allowed communal time or walks. At Lonsdale they have volunteers in every day who just sit and play with the dogs and also take the smaller dogs out for a run about - my dog loved it there. Just my personal opinion!

Nikki

We have always in the past used a kennels called Ben Cubbin Kennels (08) 8520 2312 for our dog and cat when we go away. They are up at Two Wells but will collect and return from your home for a small charge. Dog and cat always come back very healthy, and their rates are very reasonable.

The one where the cat went this time was also good - Hedgegrove Boarding Kennels and Cattery(08) 8251 1235, but their charges are quite high in comparison to Bencubbin ($20 per night for a dog, $13.50 for a cat - we usually pay about $25 for both dog and cat at Ben Cubbin and about $20 for collection).