Computer purchase... UK or Australia??

Guest fatman

Guest fatman

We will be buying a new family computer when we move over to Adelaide later this year... wondering if its best to buy in UK and bring or wait till we get to Adelaide?

We already have Laptops which we are bringing with us.

Appreciate advise,

Graham, Janis & Sophie (Aberdeenshire/Scotland WIND AND RAIN AGAIN!!.. :arghh:

Guest Becster19

I would say buy there. Easier then with warranties etc. Plus having lived that side of the world and brought electronics back, adapters and changing plugs is a pain. We will need to do the same as my laptop is a work one and we are planning to buy when we get there.

HEY GUYS,

My advice would be to buy over here if you are going to get something new anyway...electrical stuff here is reasonably priced, especially TV's- 42" from around $650??

I got a great laptop here last year for about $700 and Ive seen similar since for less as technology moves on...

The other factors are- if it breaks and you bought it here you can take it back

You wont have to pay to ship it over.

You know it will work here.

You will be contirbuting to your new local economy!

Seems a no brainer to me...

The only thing I would have brought over in hindsight is a second hand car as they are ridiculously priced here compared to the "disposable car" market in the UK. My old heap of crap in the UK worth about 500 quid would have set me back about $7000 here! They are still worth more when you sell them on though...