broadband availablity in seaford meadows

Guest Carolandcraig

Guest Carolandcraig

Hi all, now i know there are lots of threads on braodband and the different areas, but i trawled through and cannot find the answer im looking for.

Were coming to the end of our lease, and been lucky enough to get another lease at seaford meadows on the south estate, im just wondering if your able to get braodband adsl +2. It seems available at seaford, seaford rise etc but i cannot seem to find anything on seaford meadows.

Guest Carolandcraig

thanks for the reply CK, i saw that earlier today, but also saw an article that says its a black spot and could only get wireless.

Ok,

what I have been told is that the newer ones, you have to pay for a line to be put in. Don't know if that was the case for the first ones built. I got this information from two people, one of whom lives there. One other thought it was because they've run out of ports at the interchange. But it would appear that it is available in some housing there.

This maybe why it comes up as a black spot.

Cooler

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Carolandcraig

Hi all weve finally move and yes weve got braodband. our first choice supplier Adam, wasnt able to give us naked or adsl 2 as they told us the network would support either. On speaking to telstra they say the could give us the adsl 2 so thats who weve gone with. and for the techie buffs were downlading at around 11meg and uploading at around 0.8meg. The really strange thing was from placing the order to being up and running took just over a day, place the order on thrusday lunch and was online by friday afternoon.

Guest katsmajic

That must be a record for telstra.

glad you got it sorted, HG is in a dither about our internet when we move to aldinga...panicking and cold sweats...lol

• 6 months later...
Guest Masadal

Hi all.

We're moving to Seaford Meadows next week and been trying to sort broadband (family are threatening not to move unless we have it ( ? ). My previous experience (several occasions ) says don't touch Telstra with a bargepole (private or business). They have the monopoly of telecommunications so have installed a system down there which makes it almost impossible for their competitors to piggyback onto. There is no main exchange - they have installed a ' Rim Exchange ' which is a smallish feed-off with limited spaces. You can get a Telstra phone line installed and pay the monthly line rental and then get an adequate broadband service from a competitor. We currently have no phone line but broadband and Voip. This now won't be possible. The second alternative we have is a 3 mtr mast (I've been quoted) with a white (A5 size) box on top, to receive Adam's Wi-Max system. This is installed by Jims Antennas and comes with the in-house phone point and modem. The set-up costs are around $750 but you only need pay $200 for a 2 year contract. However, as Seaford Meadows is a Blackspot, the goverment will pay the installation fee. All equipment is assigned to that house and if you sell/move, it stays. I'm still gathering info regarding reliability/speed etc. Might be worth possibly knocking on a couple of doors of some 'friendly' neighbours who have this installed on their roof to gain their feedback.

Ta and enjoy your weekend everyone

Diane

XX

Guest Masadal
That must be a record for telstra.

glad you got it sorted, HG is in a dither about our internet when we move to aldinga...panicking and cold sweats...lol

I've been to Aldinga a few times and my mobile has completely refused to work there ! ! Sorry to scare you ! ! !