Beware PayPal Hoax

Guest Roo1

Guest Roo1

I received an email yesterday through my junk mail from PayPal. It looked all official and said my credit card limit had been reached and I should log in via this email and contact Paypal.

Alarm bells started to ring beacause a) it came through my junk mail b) I've not used paypal in over a year c) the way the email was written, the grammar was poor and a sentence was repeated twice.

I logged out and went into the site via its domain name. I checked and nothing was wrong at all.

The cheeky buggars also had a warning about fraudsters on the side of the email saying never give you password away etc!!!! :mad:

Beware!!!

Judi x

Hi Judi,

the same thing happened to us last year, saying that we had bought an item and had to pay for it. But we knew we hadn't bought anything and when the purchase was supposed to have happened we were on holiday!!

Again, poor spellling!

It definately pays to be vigilant.

Guest caoimhe

Yeh I have had that too

I contacted paypal and they said the main thing to notice in the fraud mail is they start with

Dear Member

Paypal will always address you with your full name