Help-need obstetrician!

Guest mquinn

Guest mquinn

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone has any good obs recommendations? I will be in Adelaide for my first and want to try and sort out care.

We have BUPA International so could go private or public.

Thanks

Hi,

and congratulations......

depends where you are really................being in the north of the city, or north east..

i can recommend several;

Chris Hughes, north eastern, Burnside, also at the Womens and Childrens in the city.

Anna Bof, North Eastern and Lyall Mac;

Jeff Hillen, Calvary and NECH;

Neil Tamilin at the NECH

You will find listings in the phone book though, and im sure loads of people will recommend others in the south, west etc.

Hope it helps, and have a happy pregnancy.

Jane

Guest katieb

Hi

I'm currently with Dr Neil Tamlin at the North Eastern Community Hospital who am pleased with so far. He shares his office with Dr Chris Hughes who is also highly recommended.

If you are in the north area can also recommended a good maternity yoga class in Golden Grove.

Any questions please feel free to PM me came over here 5 months pregnant with my first so know what it's like. I had my first through the public system at the Womens and Childrens hospital who were also fantastic too.

Katie

Guest mquinn

Hi,

I went to a gp and they referred me as a public patient. There are some private obs who deliver there, you just choose that as your delivery hospital via them I think.

Does anyone know what cavarly? Is like?

X

Guest katieb
How do you get booked into WCH?

I just turned up at the WCH pre-natal clinic when we first arrived, filled out a form and registered as a public patient. They had a cancellation so saw a mid-wife there and then :-).

If you ask at the main reception of the hospital they will give you a list of the private obs that consult there too.

Katie

Hi;

used to work at Calvary NAH......very nice unit there. Parking is atrocious though...........

So does Burnside; and the North Eastern.........but better parking facilities..all are private, so maybe there is a slant to that??!

I think all the rooms are private ones, definate at the NECH, which has some fabulous midwives; all very lovely imo!