Prescription Costs

Guest LOUISE HANNAH

Guest Libby1971

Hi

Kids do have to pay.

There is a limit on your prescriptions in that you pay $1059 and then a lower rate kicks in. If you are on concessions thereafter your prescrptions are free and if not then they are down to about $4.00.

How much you pay for a prescription depends on the item - I paid $60 dollars plus for 2 inhalers recently which is $31.40 each, if memory serves.

Some stuff can be bought over the counter which is cheaper.

Libby

I got stung (literally) for my perscription. When I went on holiday I was unfortunate enough to lean back on a hairy catapiller that was crawling along the top of my chair.

The spikes pierced my skin and left a blister.

The doctor prescribed antibiotics and topical cream. It set me back $65 dollars! 16_7_212.gif

(aww and he looks so cute!!!)

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

• 3 weeks later...

In the UK GP's prescribe by the generic name for each medication, where as here in aus they all seem to use specific brands, which are quite often a lot more expensive that generic drugs, when you visit the doctor ask him to prescribe generically it'll save you a fortune in the long run.

Libby dont know what inhalers you got but if it was sabutalmol/ventalin then i know Asmol is a lot cheaper then the brand name