AIWCW Membership Nightmare. HELP !!!!

Boxertony

When I applied for my 475 visa I got assessed on ASCO Code 2512-13: Community Worker. I have now gained the opportunity for a job, But they would like me to become a member of the : AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF WELFARE & COMMUNITY WORKERS INC (AIWCW).

Fair enough fine by me. Then I found out what is required to meet the guidlines in becoming a member. What a load of work for you to do. Below is some of the requirements I need to do just to become a registered member. I was wondering if anyone has completed this and could give me some pointers on how to go about this.

1. HAVE COMPLETED AN OTHER RELEVANT QUALIFICATION (ORQ)

An Other Relevant Qualification will be at least equivalent to an Australian Qualification Framework Diploma which has curriculum relevant to a closely related occupation, such as work with disabled, youth, the aged, nursing, physiotherapy, etc; OR which is equivalent to at least a bachelor degree with a major in psychology or sociology or a similar social science degree. And:

2. PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF AT LEAST THREE YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL EXERIENCE

Professional Experience can be paid or voluntary, but must be adequately supervised by a professional and average at least 30 hours per week, and undertaken within the last 10 years. The experience may be in an Other Relevant Occupation, such as psychologist, nurse, community worker, social policy analyst or planner, or residential care worker, (e.g.). And:

3. SATISFY AIWCW CORE COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS

In order to satisfy the Core Competency Requirements, applicants must provide sufficient evidence that they have attained all 33 of the Essential Elements of Core Competency, and have attained two out of the six Elements labelled “DesirableThis is a nightmare!!!!

What the blooody hell does the next section mean???

Applicants should use the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Recognition of Current Competencies (RCC) process, the guidelines for which are included in PART

3. Details of the other 2 requirements above (ORQ and 3 years experience) may be included within the RPL & RCC process, but if so they must be clearly acknowledged as such. A pro forma guideline for the setting out of evidence is provided in PART 4 of this document.

Hi :)

I'm also currently compiling evidence for the core competencies Basically what you have to do is for each competency is explain how yo practice it in your day to day work and then refer to what evidence you have included that addresses the particular competency eg divide your page into three headings as follows and under each

Evidence............... personal Report (prior learning)............ competency

Prog. plan ................As part of my work I plan and set.............. 3.4

of goaland ......................goals with clients.....

objectives

It's definitely an awful lot of work but if your qualification is recognised as relevant degree then you don't need to do this

Hope this helps :)

Hi :)

I'm also currently compiling evidence for the core competencies Basically what you have to do is for each competency is explain how yo practice it in your day to day work and then refer to what evidence you have included that addresses the particular competency eg divide your page into three headings as follows and under each

Evidence............... personal Report (prior learning)............ competency

Prog. plan ................As part of my work I plan and set.............. 3.4

of goaland ......................goals with clients.....

objectives

It's definitely an awful lot of work but if your qualification is recognised as relevant degree then you don't need to do this

Hope this helps :)

Elana,

I dont need it for immigration purposes I just need to become a member of this body. Not sure if I have to complete the core competencies. I would rather turn down the job than go through what you are doing. How I got round it is I got state sponsorship as a Community Worker, so Vetessass did my skills assessment, which i only needed a current job reference and show my qualifications, much easier. Welfare Worker and Community are very similar roles. but I think they have took it off the state sponsorship list now. No way of getting out of it if you are a social worker though.

Hi:)

Ya if it was me I prob would turn it down just because of the amount of info needed I already had the evidence from my current job although im a youth worker but there aren't enough points for it and I do most of the Welfare Work duties...

The core competencies wording is very convoluted in parts though it's a bit ridiculaous really hope to be in Oz in few years time... here's hoping :)

• 2 months later...
Guest elana

Well I'm going route pathway B and it's ok to be honest. At first I thought there's no way I can get all the data but then I was told that i could use copies of text messages and email etc as evidence of some of the compatencies and once i got the hang of it it was straight forward. If you can go through the competencies and understand what they are looiking for then you just write an example of situation in your work and if possible back it up with relevant evidence .My main issue was trying to comprehend what exactly was being asked for in each competency but I eventually got it :)

Guest gemma123

Hi elana, are you on email to discuss or situation maybe we could check one another's ? I've complete section 1 and 2 today. I'm unsure how much deatil to place in it. I've started with 1.1 then personal report, and then evidence. I have quite alot of evidence too not that worried about my evidence trail. I'm more concerned with how much detail/ length were meant to put in it.? can you offer any advice? Many Thanks Gemma

Guest elana

Sure you can email me etc if i can be of any assistance I can send you examples of some of my cc In total mine was about 16 pages long I just basically wrote about 1 example in detail in each cc and then mentioned another 2 instances in which i had similar experiences one example and 1 piece of evidence is enough for each cc and you can use one piece of evidence as much as you like to illustrate other cc. It's better to start with the personal report addressing each cc then when you've that done it will be easier to identify the most suitable evidence. I did it backwards and so it seemed twice as hard Hope this helps:)

Guest elana

Sure thing I'll email stuff to you as soon as i get chance. I'm using it for immigration purposes and going through an agency so they have been excellent and very efficient at guiding me on how to complete the cc. and clarifying confusing cc for me. They have also contactet the AIWCW on my behalf with questions etc... I am currently waiting for my apllication to the AIWCW to be looked at they sent me a message saying that this would be in ten weeks time (about a month ago) I'm pretty confident that I will pass it as I put alot of thought and effort into in and my degree in Soc Science is welfare related

Guest gemma123

Hi Elana, yes did a degree in social science and criminology all welfare related, which migration agent did you use? , I've asked about welfare support with some agents and they don't seem very good!? it would be good if I could use a similar agent, ple:wubclub:ase email when you can warm regards gemma

• 1 month later...
Guest gemma123

Is it true,? I'm halfway through my report for welfare worker and they plan on changing it July 1st.

I'm gutted, not sure what to do now! any ideas?