Environmental Health Officer Jobs

Guest stevegallagher

Guest stevegallagher

Hi All,

Myself and my partner are currently in Adelaide and really like the look of the place. Currently looking for jobs but despite the fact that Environmental Health Officers are on the SMP list there really doesn't seem to be a single job out there. Was wondering if anyone is actually doing this job here and if they could tell us a bit more about the market?

Thanks!

Steve

Guest snowy10

Have you tried contacting the people that are starting up the new de-salination plant in Adelaide.

There is someone on here that works there, maybe they will be along to help with your request, or search for de-salination on this forum and it may point you in the right direction.

Guest stevegallagher

Hi Snowy,

I heard that there was a business starting something up down here but I don't think it's quite there yet. My partner is more food safety but at this stage anything related would be a start! I'll take a look into it, thanks for the advice!

The reason I'm posting is I'm an accountant and have at least been able to get in to meet with some recruitment consultants and have even had an interview somewhere but the recruitment companies don't seem to even want to meet with my partner which we've found a bit strange so we have been been feeling like we are missing something.

Steve

Have you tried the government jobs site http://www.vacancies.sa.gov.au

Theres one: Vacancy No. 5163/2011 which is for an ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION OFFICER (WASTE LEVY) also Vacancy No. 5151/2011 ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION OFFICER - ILLEGAL DUMPING

and Vacancy No. 5152/2011 SENIOR ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION OFFICER, ILLEGAL DUMPING UNIT

Don't know if these are any good (or even the same as what you do), I spotted them whilst I was browsing through the jobs.

Guest stevegallagher

Thanks Ann yes we've already taken a look on there. Those are not quite right but I'm guessing if any council jobs do come up then they would be listed somewhere like that?

Guest stevegallagher

Hi Mlissiman we did try Hender Consulting. I was also in there for a meeting and discussed my partners role and the consultant was quite happy to discuss this with my partner. My partner followed this up with a call and was then told that they basically didn't cater for her role. I don't suppose you have the name of a good contact there who we might have more success with? Thanks, Steve.