Nurses/IELTS/ANMAC Need help please!!

Bevev's

Hi,

Can anyone help me. I have applied to anmac for skills assessment and it has all been done other than my assessor has come back to me and said that the general IELTS test I done last October 2010, should have been the academic test! I was told at the time of doing IELTS that as I was born, raised and educated in the UK I wouldn't need to do the academic IELTS only the General. Can anyone advise me on this please, I am getting so down in the dumps over this, I thought this part would have been straight forward.

Thanks

Guest sarahtwinn82

The registration body for nurses is now Aphra. They no longer require IELTS from British nurses. We have found (take a deep breath) that no one case is the same and that people are asked for different things by Aphra and the ANMC and possibly your case officer from immigration. I think it depends how they are feeling on that particular day and what they want to ask you for. In my work place there are 3 of us (nurses) that have all applied for PR following a 457 visa and we've all been asked for different things. Sorry to confuse you more.