Job Options.

sueoc

Hi,Just thought i would offer a word of encouragement to anyone who,like myself until recently,can see no way forward.We arrived on Sues 457 visa in September 08,thinking i would find a job with ease!Ha,not so.I have no formal trade and as a result have found it near impossible to find a suitable full time job.Of course,as in any city,there are certain unbelievably crap ways of earning a few bob,but just how low can you stoop!Its definately who you know,not what you know.Same everywhere.Anyway,i noticed a demand for workers in the Disability and Aged Care Sector,and thought"Why not".We have come all this way,and here is an opportunity to work in a potentially rewarding and fullfilling career,plus,what a challenge!We decided to book a course,which ,as a result of the dirth of workers in this sector,has been cut to just 8 weeks,6 in- class module weeks,and 2 weeks work experience(unpaid),But,at the end of it you will gain a Certificate 3 in Aged Care and Disibility .I have been assured by all my Tutors and every Aussie i know,that i will find a suitable placement in Adelaide.We have paid for the course,but you can pay on the drip,and it isnt that expensive,in real terms.Ive almost finished the course now,and for the first time since ive been here,really feel enthusiastic and excited for the future.Just a thought,all the best Billy.

Guest dave&jacky
Hi,Just thought i would offer a word of encouragement to anyone who,like myself until recently,can see no way forward.We arrived on Sues 457 visa in September 08,thinking i would find a job with ease!Ha,not so.I have no formal trade and as a result have found it near impossible to find a suitable full time job.Of course,as in any city,there are certain unbelievably crap ways of earning a few bob,but just how low can you stoop!Its definately who you know,not what you know.Same everywhere.Anyway,i noticed a demand for workers in the Disability and Aged Care Sector,and thought"Why not".We have come all this way,and here is an opportunity to work in a potentially rewarding and fullfilling career,plus,what a challenge!We decided to book a course,which ,as a result of the dirth of workers in this sector,has been cut to just 8 weeks,6 in- class module weeks,and 2 weeks work experience(unpaid),But,at the end of it you will gain a Certificate 3 in Aged Care and Disibility .I have been assured by all my Tutors and every Aussie i know,that i will find a suitable placement in Adelaide.We have paid for the course,but you can pay on the drip,and it isnt that expensive,in real terms.Ive almost finished the course now,and for the first time since ive been here,really feel enthusiastic and excited for the future.Just a thought,all the best Billy.

Nice one Billy good luck to you

Dave&Jacky

Guest brandyslad

Do you mind me asking how much this course is? I do a lot of work here with adults with learning disabilties but this came about through my job as a Community Worker, I started with one of the local units then enjoyed it and was asked to work with other units in the area. I am not officially qualified and this is a course I would like to take as a lot of the jobs I have seen that I would not mind applying for list this as a minimum.

I am quite glad to hear they are saying there is a shortage.

Guest rockpool crab

Hi Billy,

Thanks so much for this information. This is exactly the sort of work my OH has been thinking about.

We'll definitely look into it today! We too had noticed there was a lot of work in this sector.

WELL DONE YOU for getting on with is and booking the course.

Tiz a ray of hope for my OH now.

Cheers

Carol Ann

Hi Carol-Ann,just thought id let you know my course is with Enable-phone no 8447 2477,it finishes tomorrow 4 jan.Next batch of students start next monday.If you hurry you will get on that course,even if you cant get any subscription monies to them first.They are very flexible.They are based in Port Adelaide,BUT,They hold classes in the South,where i go,at Morphett Vale.Its really enjoyable.Best of luck and pm me if you need more info.Billy.