looking for friends

Guest nathan

Guest caoimhe

Hi Nathan, I came here 7 months ago with my 4 boys, ages 11, 8, 6, 6 and once they started school and joined a soccer club they made loads of friends. I know its a bit scary to begin with, even for us adults but it really won't take you long.

Good luck

Guest kangomik

Hi Nathan, don't worry about making friends, my kids have found loads, or "heaps" as they say over here, of friends. Put your self out a bit, and really its the same as adults, accept every invite, the rest will come.

They love the accent, even if they "pay you out" about it....... take the mick basically.

Hi Nathan

I met your mum when she was over on her recce in Adelaide. I have a 14 year old daughter who I'm sure would be happy to chat if you don't mind the fact she's a girl (she does play soccer though so she's not a girlie-girl!) You'll have no trouble making new mates, like the others have said: it's fairly commonplace here for kids to move around to different schools so most schools are pretty used to new arrivals either from within Adelaide or overseas. I seem to remember your Mum saying you were quite sporty, so you'll soon find your feet!

Diane

Guest dunnarunna

where will you be living in adelaide? my son is 14 if you send me your msn (use the private messages dont display it on here) and i`ll pass it on to him he can tell you how he finds it here. we are in blackwood but very soon moving to happy valley. but dont worry about making friends both my kids made friends here easily.

donna