Aldinga Schools

Guest ems

Guest ems

Hi Guys.

Anyone able to say what the Primary school is like in Aldinga, only thinking about moving that way at the mo but a big factor would be what the school itself is like or alternatively others close by.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi Emma (its Lindsey from work)

I live in Aldinga and think that its a great affordable place for families. There are lots of clubs etc with surf lifesaving, scouts, guides etc. - guides is in Willunga. My kids go to Willunga school - they went there before we moved to Aldinga - its an 8 minute drive and I think its a fantastic school, my two love it. Cant offer an opinion on Aldinga schools as I have never even been to look round but I do know that Sue2oz (I think thats what she posts as) children go there - she brings them everyday from Moana - she loves its. Go and have a look around and make a decision - pm Sue Im sure she'll fill you in!

Lindsey

Thanks Lindsey.

Might have a look at Willunga as well if they are still taking from Aldinga. I can't move till September but i really want to make sure i get Alicia into the right school this time as i am not happy with the school she is in at the mo.

I'll get in touch with Sue as well.

Thanks again.

I have friends that have come over from the UK that live in Aldinga,they have chose Southern Vale Christian College which is very good in their opinion.

There is also Tatachilla in Mclaren Vale ,I also have friends whose kids go there and that is a good school however that's more expensive. Those schools are private. Yes I agree it is important for kids and their future. All the best

Guest PompeyPom
Hi Guys.

Anyone able to say what the Primary school is like in Aldinga, only thinking about moving that way at the mo but a big factor would be what the school itself is like or alternatively others close by.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi, we live on the Sunday Estate and my two girls (aged 7 and 11) go to McLaren Flat school. It is a 19 minute drive away but really is a lovely small school, there are only 154 pupils right through from reception to year 7. They regularly offer after school activities and there is also OSHC within the school. When we arrived, we also looked around Mclaren Vale and Willunga and I liked both of these schools too, but my eldest daughter felt Mclaren Flat was right for her.

At the end of the day, I think it is a very personal choice - if you're able make an appointment and have a viewing to all of them.

Good luck!

Guest guest4504
Thanks Lindsey.

Might have a look at Willunga as well if they are still taking from Aldinga. I can't move till September but i really want to make sure i get Alicia into the right school this time as i am not happy with the school she is in at the mo.

I'll get in touch with Sue as well.

Thanks again.

Hi, could you say why you are not happy with the school. may be help to others. thanks :)

Guest Jen & Did

Hi Ems,

When we arrived here we could only get Andy into Aldinga Primary. So far he is enjoying it and making some friends. We tried to get him into Willunga Primary but to this day I am still waiting for a return call from the headmaster. They are being very selective and using the boundaries i think as when we got Kathryn into Willunga High the uniform lady stated that in Jan of this year 117 new pupils were starting and that didn't include the year 7 moving up.

If you need any more info give me an inbox or text.

Jen

Thanks for all the reply's Guys.

I have looked at Southern Vale christian collage out of curiosity but i think that will be a bit to expensive, did look good though. I will have a look at Mclaren Flat as well as when Alicia went to a small school in the UK before we came here she seemed to thrive.

I had a feeling Willunga wouldn't take anymore from what i had read in the past, if your still waiting for a phone call then i'm guessing there must be a long waiting list lol.

As for why i'm not happy with her current school it a mixture of things. Alicia absolutely loves things like PE and the various arts that are offered at school (most schools). She does not get any opportunities in things like drama or music as standard within the school week. Also she would like to do a bit more PE as she only does it once a week at the mo and speaking to other people it seems other school do it a bit more. I think she done more PE at her schools in the UK lol. Finally and most importantly IMOH i believe she is slipping behind and i am concerned about the teaching standards at the mo, i think that is more to do with her current teacher as she seemed to be doing quite well last year.

Again thanks for the reply's.

Guest pauljoinoz

We are also on the Sunday Estate & we have heard that Gallilee is also very good, our son goes to Tatachilla & we are very pleased with it although it works out expensive.

Have heard really good reports about Mclaren Vale primary too & they still take from the Aldinga area.

Good luck!

Guest cbeeb

my kids go to mclarenvale and they got a note not too long ago saying only taking kids from area at minute as they are running out of space but when new classes are up may open up again to kids from other areas. gallilee in aldinga gets a great reputation.

• 1 month later...

Southern Vales is great. Its where my kids go.

IMO Galilee is right on par with it (for the area) and if Southern Vales is too expensive Galilee works on a sliding scale as to what you earn. So if you earn between 30-45000 you pay x amount and so on. Lovely parents (know a few) and kids.

I know its a drive but MOANA primary is excellent. They go on nature walks to the beach etc.

I got told the other day that a kid in Aldinga Primary brought a drug pipe to school for show and tell. I was glad I didnt even look there.