Small (very) Private Girls school

Rachiegarlo

If you are considering a private school for your daughter and you feel that a small family orientated school is for you then you could consider Annesley College which is still open and still offering a child focused education. At the moment it is configured in these classes....R,1 & 2, 3/4, 5/6, (there are no yr 7s) 8/9 , 10, 11 and 12 and the ELC for 3 1/2 -5 yr olds. The school is committed to giving the girls who chose to stay at Annesley this year a great year with still things like formals, sports day, swimming carnival etc. Fees range from 10 000 odd to 17000 by yr 12. There is a good community of parents and the school grounds are calm and peaceful despite being on Greenhill Rd at Wayville. My daughter is here and has 5 in her bio class and 9 in chemistry, Solo for French and they have still managed to accommodate her dance. So if you think this might be what you are looking for , have a look, it is still planning to remain open in years to come.

Guest mandmick

Hi there,

We looked at Annesley last year and were all set to enrol our daughter as we loved the ethos of the school, however once we heard of the closure we decided against it. We moved from Dubai in 2009 and our daughter attends the local state school where we live as it is walking distance. I didn't want to move her into a school which could possibly close, after such a big move for us all from Dubai.

I was pleased to read your post regarding the school remaining open and wondered if I could have a chat to you about it as it's such a big decision to make for our daughter's future.

Many thanks

Mandy

Yeah sure, it is very different from the bigger school it was, but we attended the Community picnic the day before school went back and it had a good feel to it. There are only about 100 girls. The school's ethos is still the same and the Junior and middle school age girls are still following the IB which if your daughter was in an International school she may have been doing this. If you are still interested ring the school, the principal will be very open and honest with you and your concerns. PM me any questions.

We left this college along with all other sensible parents who care about their children's future. This school has suffered for years from poor management and some (not all) complacent teachers. The school will not exist by the end of 2011.

So PLEASE see the writing on the wall and realise this school is finished. Bail out like the last two Principals have. I should say the last principal lasted ONE day before she resigned,

If you are considering private schools please look at Walford, Seymour, Scotch, Mercedes, Poultney etc etc. All of which will still be providing good education in 10 years time.

Annesley is dead, and it is VERY sad but true. :sad:

Not going to turn this into a bunfight like in the media.......the school has a new board, a new principal and they are keen to move on from the media induced and mismanagement induced exodus. Whether it remains an R-12 school in the immediate future is not known, but there will be an educational facility there next year and beyond. All I say is if you think a small school is what you are looking for go and have a look. Sure big schools can offer different things, but small schools can offer different things as well due to the smaller numbers. Only you as a parent will know what is right for your own situation....The truth behind a lot of the girls schools is they have nearly all been in danger of closing at some point in the last ten years, just there wasn't the media frenzy. The private school scene can be a cut throat one with deals done behind closed doors and none of the other schools is immune. Each year a lot of parents shift their kids to different privates. By yr 12 some kids have been to 4.