kumons in oz?

Guest Sharon and Paul

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi there

can anyone tell me if there is any Kumon classes or anything similar for children to do after school as my daughter currently is having these extra classes?

many thanks

paul:unsure:

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hi Sharon & Paul,

Our daughter currently does Kumon Maths & English ( I'm a horrible mother!!!)

As the kids go back an academic year I have told Hannah that she can have some time off Kumon providing her school work continues at the same level and she doesn't consider the break as a time to mess about in class!

Hannah is 8 (9 in June) and will be going back into year 3 in April in Adelaide.

This link might help you though

http://www.kumon.com.au/home/default.asp

Thanks

Amanda

Guest louiesmum
Hi there

can anyone tell me if there is any Kumon classes or anything similar for children to do after school as my daughter currently is having these extra classes?

many thanks

paul:unsure:

Hi

Being a bit thick I know, what are Kumon classes:err:Thanks. very interested to find out!!

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

Have a look at the link I posted it gives full details.

It's basically a homework club concentrating on maths and english skills.

It improves the child's confidence and obviously their maths and english skills.

They work through levels to achieve rewards.

It has certainly helped Hannah improve confidence in herself and also her ability to tackle new words in reading and spelling along with mental arithmetic.

(perhaps I should become a sales agent!!!)

Hannah has just started her 3rd year.

The kids do worksheets EVERY night taking around 15mins or so and attend class twice a week as well. In the UK it costs around £45 per subject - well worth the money though if you ask me!!!

Guest Sharon and Paul

hi , Richard and Amanda,

many thanks for e-mail address, I did not want to ask the teacher as my little girl has only just started so very pleased she can carry on with it ? ATB PAUL

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Louiesmum,

Kumons is helping people of all ages to improve at maths and english (i could do with some English) .

I found the way thay teach them at school now is weird?. so I did not want to confuse her by showing

her the way I was taught, plus she would not listen to me anyway?. Kumons starts them off on a level they feel comftable with, god it sounds like I am on commission here? my little girls friend has been going for 18 months and she was in the bottom set in maths but now she is in the top set but more important she loves doing her sums now. The cost of this is £45 a month, they go twice aweek

after school, it is for about 20mins , They do get home work and then you are suppose to check it

off ? so you will have to put some time in as well ?.

Guest graandjac
Hi

Being a bit thick I know, what are Kumon classes:err:Thanks. very interested to find out!!

Its ok Michele, i was going to ask the same....:biglaugh:Cheers Graham

• 5 months later...
Guest yvonnemommy

Hi. Here is a web site beestar.org my daughter is using after school. It is a curricular-based web site offering exercises of math, reading, science etc. These exercises are very excellent and interesting. Each exercise has 10 questions and is timed, so it won’t take too much time. They are very suitable for after-school practices. My daughter loves it very much.

:wubclub:

Lisa

• 3 months later...

Hi. Here is a web site beestar.org my daughter is using after school. It is a curricular-based web site offering exercises of math, reading, science etc. These exercises are very excellent and interesting. Each exercise has 10 questions and is timed, so it won’t take too much time. They are very suitable for after-school practices. My daughter loves it very much.

:wubclub:

Lisa

Wow, we love Beestar! Lisa, you forget to mention that Beestar also has the roll system, where my daughter can see her name. She is so happy to see her name on top of it. And I also receive the automatically sent email from Beestar to remind me of my daughter's performance in Beestar. Her math has been greatly improved since use of Beestar.