Query with Motorcycle Licence

Guest Ellie

Guest Ellie

Hi Bikers!

My Hubby wants to know if he needs a seperate Motorcycle Licence over there. He has a full driving licence but not a motorcycle licence. Here, as you know he would not be able to ride more than a 125 without taking a seperate test. He has rode motorcycles all his life bless him but never took his test!! He rides a 125 Honda Shadow which he loves but would like a bigger one when he gets out to Oz. Even when he has changed his UK licence to an Australian do the same laws and rules apply? Should he take his test here before we leave?

Get his test done there. If he has no official bike licence, then he has to start from scratch here, with L plates etc. And not sure what rule sin uk are, but if i remember, he will have had to do a minimum of his CBT to ride up to 125cc? Anyway, it is an absolute pain to try to get it here, Im my opinion only. In his shoes i would get the 4 day intensive course with A class licence before i left, especially if he wants to ride a bigger bike here.