Spouse visa for 475 visa holder

Guest mistofmind

Guest mistofmind

Hi all

I am here in adelaide 475 visa and my girl friend is in Romania and working there. we are planning to get married here through marriage celebrant. Can anybody please advise on the step by step process of applying spouse visa for her and the documents required.

Will be highly obliged.

Regards,

Mist

475 visa holder looking for job in banking

Guest downunder123

Hi There,

In order to get your girlfriend on as a spouse on the 475 visa you have to provide evidence that you have bene together for a minimum of 1 year. The normal guidlines is that you have to have been living together in a relationship so if you have spent time apart during that year you need to provide evidence that you have still carried on with the relationship - ie phone calsl, emails etc.

In terms of the application, you have to pay the main fee all over again - costs over $2000 from memeory. In terms of processing times from tiem of application its fairly quick - takes around 4-6 weeks.

Hope that helps a little but let me know if you have any more questions

Guest mistofmind

Hi there

Thanks for your response and guidance. We have been chatting long and we have chat details on yahoo messenger but not phone details. And we have hotel bookings and flight tickets showing that we were present at same place for few days. We are still in touch .And we have our pics together. Hope this will substantiate.

Thanks again for your insight. I will keep in touch for future queries.

Regards,

Mist

Guest tinkham_lee

To get the spouse visa you need to prove you have been living together for over a year.

To do this you need to provide rent or mortgage contracts, joint bank accounts, insurances, flights, holidays, photos and letters together. You also need statements from yourself and your partner stating how the relationship is going, how you support each other emotionally and financially, how you met and how long you have been in a relationship. you also need to provide statements from friends and family saying how they see the relationship.

Photos, msn conversations, and a couple of flight and hotel bookings showing you were in the same hotel for a few days will not be enough If you cant provide any long term financial support or living arrangements.

If she get granted the visa, she will be a temporary resident for 2 years, then after 2 years you need to prove you are still together by providing all of the above again. when she will get permanent residency.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming the 475 is a PR visa:

If you are planning to get married, she could come out on a prospective marrisge visa. I'm not certain of the details, but I think you need to provide some evidence that you are a couple, along with evidence that you are planning to get married (e.g. making a booking with the people who will officiate the ceremony). Once you are married, you can put in an application for the partner visa. If you are married, the 12month requirement is usually waived, but you would have to provide further evidence that you are a serious couple and have made plans for the future (e.g. joint finances, joint insurances etc). A marriage certificate by itself is not enough.

As tinkham_lee says, the partner visa is temporary for two years then becomes permanent, provided the relationship is still ongoing.

You can only sponsor your girlfriend for a partner visa (which includes spouse, prospective marriage, de-facto) if you are a permanent resident. As I understand it I believe a 475 is provisional (temporary), so you wouldn't be able to do it.

The Partner Visa pamphlet says

"

You may not be able to sponsor your partner if you:

• are not an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand

citizen; or

• have previously sponsored 2 other partners for migration to Australia (includes

sponsorships you may have withdrawn where your former partner obtained permanent

residence on family violence grounds); or

• have sponsored another partner within the last 5 years; or

• were sponsored as a partner yourself within the last 5 years; or

• are the holder of a Woman at Risk visa (subclass 204).

You may still be permitted to sponsor your partner in compelling circumstances,

such as:

• if your previous partner has died or abandoned the relationship leaving young

children; or

• if your relationship with your current partner is long standing; or

• if you and your current partner have children of your relationship"

Have a look on http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants

Ah, sorry, thought the 475 was a permanent one. Obviously you can't sponsor your partner for a permanent visa if you don't have one yourself.

I'm not sure if it is possible or what the procedure would be to add a partner retrospectively onto your temporary visa as a dependent. My advice would be to consult a migration agent, most of the good ones should give you an initial assement for free.

Guest downunder123

Ignore those other two peoples comments. They are getting confused. Sponsoring your patner is not what you are even trying to do.

To add your partner on a 475 you add them as a "subsequent arrival". They still need to pay all the fees and medical etc but they are not be assessed in terms of their skills or anything. They are simply being asssessed that you are in a defacto relationship and thats all. Then they will be added onto your 475 visa as a temporary resident. Then obviously when you spend 2 years over here and have worked for one year you will both be granted permanant residency.

Guest mistofmind
Ignore those other two peoples comments. They are getting confused. Sponsoring your patner is not what you are even trying to do.

To add your partner on a 475 you add them as a "subsequent arrival". They still need to pay all the fees and medical etc but they are not be assessed in terms of their skills or anything. They are simply being asssessed that you are in a defacto relationship and thats all. Then they will be added onto your 475 visa as a temporary resident. Then obviously when you spend 2 years over here and have worked for one year you will both be granted permanant residency.

Thanks downunder !!

i am concerned a bit about the documents to show that we are in relationship.i have chat details and pics and hotel bookings and bills plus visa stamping on passports . will providing all this be sufficient?

mist...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pReSSuRe

Hi Downunder, about 2 months ago i submitted 'further evidence' to support my partner's application as 'subsequent arrival' on my 475. We also submitted her medicals. We planned to go to Adelaide in mid Sept but as of today, there's still no news from DIAC. Any idea what is the timeline I am looking at? And if she doesn't get her visa by mid Sept, can she be in Australia when her visa is granted and will she have to go offshore to get her sticker?

Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)