SS application form

Guest boesman

Guest boesman

Hi, I am new here so please bear the silly questions. We started to fill in the ss application form last night. It seems very simple compare to the previous form. Have I got it right actually? Is there a trick question somewhere where they need a long intense answer showing you had to put in hours of research? We will submit it tonight.

Hopefully then we will see where they ask for uploading of docs as I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Then, do we wait for a response from them in a couple of months and apply then to DIAC with form 1276 or do I start that form right now as well?

Cheers

Boesman

Hi,

I take it you have already got your positive skills assessment (if applicable) before applying for state sponsorship? If so, you apply online and they usually take 8 weeks to reply with a yes or no. Once you have a yes, you then put in your actual visa app with DIAC.

Guest The Dimmocks

There are no trick questions. There is one asking "Why you want to move to SA". We spent a fair few hours researching areas and what they had to offer us as a family. There was also a question about what research you done into the job market for your trade and also other jobs if you were unable to find a job in your trade.

Guest boesman

Hi Dimmocks. Yes, those were the questions in the old application form, but not in the new one except the one why you wanna move to SA, not the one on the job market...thank goodness.

The suporting docs that goes with your cover sheet via post, do you certify them as true copies, because I haven't been asked anywhere to scan en mail my docs? Or is the scanning and uploading of docs only once you do the real application on DIAC's website??

Hi, I am new here so please bear the silly questions. We started to fill in the ss application form last night. It seems very simple compare to the previous form. Have I got it right actually? Is there a trick question somewhere where they need a long intense answer showing you had to put in hours of research? We will submit it tonight.

Hopefully then we will see where they ask for uploading of docs as I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Then, do we wait for a response from them in a couple of months and apply then to DIAC with form 1276 or do I start that form right now as well?

Cheers

Boesman

Welcome to the forum.....

HG

Guest karenbonnar

Hi

We applied a couple of weeks ago with my hubbie as the main applicant. At the end of the online application were asked to send a cover letter (printed out after the application) and photocopies of the positive skills assessment and his passport.

We were suprised by how easy it was after all the rigmarole getting the documentation for the skills assessment.

I would say, don't wait go for it, there are only a limited number of sponsorship spaces per job.

Guest The Dimmocks
Hi Dimmocks. Yes, those were the questions in the old application form, but not in the new one except the one why you wanna move to SA, not the one on the job market...thank goodness.

The suporting docs that goes with your cover sheet via post, do you certify them as true copies, because I haven't been asked anywhere to scan en mail my docs? Or is the scanning and uploading of docs only once you do the real application on DIAC's website??

Hi, we had lots of stuff certified as being a true copy cant remember all of it had to be and what wasnt, was back in 2009. We also used an agent.

Good luck with your application. Michelle