Where do we begin????

Guest The Wilsons

Guest The Wilsons

Husband and I, electrician and radiographer, are seriously considering Australia as our next big move. We have lived in Dubai for 6 years now, but originally come from the Scotland.

Need some advice on where to begin re skills assessment, visa class, etc. My husband has an uncle living in Adelaide, i'm presuming this may be advantageous to us??

Age is still on our side, 38 and 37, we also have 2 children, 9 and 7.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,we used Overseas Emigration in Edinburgh,01316256900. The have been absolutely brilliant and gave us really good advice when we started out on this adventure,and have never minded us calling...sometimes loads of times! They kept in touch and put our mind to rest when at times we were pulling our hair out. Give them a call and Im sure they will point you in the right direction. Good luck with everything.

Guest helene73
Husband and I, electrician and radiographer, are seriously considering Australia as our next big move. We have lived in Dubai for 6 years now, but originally come from the Scotland.

Need some advice on where to begin re skills assessment, visa class, etc. My husband has an uncle living in Adelaide, i'm presuming this may be advantageous to us??

Age is still on our side, 38 and 37, we also have 2 children, 9 and 7.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys and welcome :) I think you need to get in touch with a visa agent asap to talk about your options. I am using Go Matilda and

Have found them to be brilliant, I have just submitted my TRA and just waiting on the results. Good luck guys :)

Guest Leigh&Kylie

Hi guys, you should check out the radiographer job situation before you commit to Adelaide. Im not sure about electrical work, but radiographer jobs are currently thin on the ground. Im a radiographer from Adelaide, living in London and looking to go home to Adelaide and from my research there isn't much happening with radiographer vacancies.

There is one member who's radiographer husband has been out of work for 7 months!

Maybe also worth inquiring about the work situation in Melbourne, Sydney or Brisvegas as because they have more hospitals they may have more of a demmand for radiographers services.