If you're a tradie, would you go to the expo?

Guest boesman

Guest boesman

Hi, I see there are recruiters or employers for trades people at the expos. Would that be true? I have been to an expo before and it was a total waste of time unless you are someone in the enginering field or a nurse. All I want to do is build up contacts for when we do get there...whenever that might be. Do you folks think i would be wasting my time and money again? Any one going to the London one this weekend?

cheers!

Hi, I see there are recruiters or employers for trades people at the expos. Would that be true? I have been to an expo before and it was a total waste of time unless you are someone in the enginering field or a nurse. All I want to do is build up contacts for when we do get there...whenever that might be. Do you folks think i would be wasting my time and money again? Any one going to the London one this weekend?

cheers!

Yes i think there a waste of time. We went to one in Leeds and were very disapointed. My OH is an Electrician not recruiter or employer there.

Guest Mitchell

If it's the one in London at Australia house run by the Australian government then it's free and they have visa staff, state sponsorship, banks, etc there and is really useful. If it's one run by a company that charges I wouldn't bother.

Guest siandsu

I was invited to the London one last year, by mistake i think. Total waste of time, apart from my wife getting some London shopping done!! We also went to the Manchester one run by a company, last year and found it to be reasuring that we knew as much as everyone else about the processes.