Sponsorship offer lapsed. Need new one

Guest Joanne1967

Guest Joanne1967

Hi there I am new to this site and look forward to chatting to you all.

I was wondering. We previously applied for state sponsorship, which was granted. We had until October last year to proceed with our DIMA visa aplication but due to personal circumstances we could not proceed. We are really eager to proceed now and realise that we shall need to re-apply for state sponsorship but we are worried that as we did not previously proceed this will count against us.

Has anyone else needed to apply a second time? If so were you successful? How does the government of SA view this situation?

We don't have a very good reason for not proceeding. I returned to work in July 2007 after extended maternity leave. We were hoping to visit Adelaide before proceeding but due to work constraints were unable to do so and did not feel ready to jump into the unknown. We intend to visit later this year and feel better able to proceed now. Any advice?

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Welcome to PIA. I had state sponsorship, which I think did run over their time scale but we were in the process of applying for visa, we just kept them informed of what stage we were at & they were ok, I know thats slightly different to your circumstances, not sure but I dont think they would be a problem re-appling when you explain reasons & also if its a skill they really want I think you'd be ok. Give it a go or perhaps have a free consult with a migration agent. Not sure if this helps. Good Luck

Guest jill wright

Hi Joanne

We were in a similiar situation as we were granted state sponsorship January 2006 but didnot go ahead. Reapplied December 2007 online and posted skills assessment off etc had it granted once more so don't think you will have a problem. We were just concerned about Phils skills assessment with TRA not being valid has this was granted Dec 2005 but it was still valid

Jill Phil Lucy Daniel nd Thomas

Guest silverstargazer38

hi coan any one tell me about the min monies you must prove you have for sponsorship heard you had to have min of 12000 pounds is this true thanks

Guest jill wright

Hi

Didn't realise there was a minimum you had to take and you don't have to prove it anyway. All we did was fill out the form declaring what monies we intended to take (in our case the money we would have after selling the house) and make an appointment with a notary at the solicitors for them to sign the declaration form which cost £80.00. No proof had to be shown that we would actually have this money . Hope this helps

The Wrights (West Yorkshire)