partner visa?

Guest ec_honey

Guest ec_honey

hello everyone

just after any advice on the partner visa me and my fiance are geting married in august :) and hopefulyy when my visa get acepted we will move back to australia and settle there darwin

finding the whole visa process very stressful with planning the most imporant day of mylife too :/

any help would be amazing

x

Only advice I can give is to get as much info about your relationship to show that it 'is not a marriage of convenience'.

Stuff that can show how long you have been together, who pays for what etc. if you are living together get as much info on who pays what bills, bank statements etc.. Basically anything that can give 100% validity to your relationship.

Enjoy and good luck with the visa application and I hope the big day is a great one.

Cheers,

Mis

hello everyone

just after any advice on the partner visa me and my fiance are geting married in august :) and hopefulyy when my visa get acepted we will move back to australia and settle there darwin

finding the whole visa process very stressful with planning the most imporant day of mylife too :/

x

May I suggest you consult a registered migration agent. In the circumstance you have described there are good strategies available that are not immediately obvious.

Guest beckeithking
hello everyone

x

Hi,

I am Australian and my husband Scottish. We have recentley received our visa - it took a full 6 months, however they admitted they were quite behind. The only advice I can give is give as much detail as possible. We have been together 14 years and married over 7 and they still asked for evidence for 3 months we had missed in our bills/paperwork etc. I put in loads of photos, invitations, bills, letters and evidence.

The medical was asked for after just 4 days of them getting our application. It felt like we had to wait forever - I had to phone and e-mail to chase it up.

Good luck.

Bec

Guest beckeithking

Ours was exactly 6 months - to the day - I got fed up waiting and finally e-mailed 1 week before the 6 months. Only then did we find out our embassy person was on maternity leave, would have thought we would have been informed before this so we knew who to contact for any reason. I then had to e-mail 2 different people and spent 2 days trying to phone the right person to be told - very casually - we are very behind and I will try and get the paperwork sent before then end of the day. I actually had to ask " so we have the visa then" !!!!

I am just pleased it is done and dusted.

Good luck ec - honey!!!

B x

My OH's took longer than 6 mths!But then we were allocated the c/o from hell lol Good luck.

Guest brianlynnette

hi im lynnette im aussie and o,h is english, we applied for his visa in nov and it got granted the feb, i had to put photos in of us together & with the kids,a letter about how we met, what our relationship has been like, mortgage statement, bank accounts, bills also had to explain that brian is the main earner so it would be the same as it was back home and everything was ok, also i done the application myself thru the australian embassy in london, you dont need to waste money on a migration expert if you dont want to good luck :)

Guest ec_honey

hello thankyou so much everyone !

the wedding planning is going well very excited now and adam lands for a hoilday here in 63 days one big countdown now :)

im starting to put peices together for the visa your details have made me feel so much better

i have the 47 sp form and 40sp form is this all is requried form wise ?

we are sending in reciepts of are very high phone bills haha and flight tickest as we dont live together so hopeing this will help we do have a joint bank account so will show details of that and all receipts from wedding and plenty of photos of us together,

unsure where it says evedence of genuine realionship what they class as proof for that secetion?