Shipping trainers....?

scooterdan

:huh: hey all!

started packing our boxes today....just a quick question!

I know you have to pay duty on electrical items you havent owned for more than 12 months....is it the same with trainers?

We both have some new pairs but to save space in the cases are thinking on shipping them....any ideas!

Cheers

dan and steph

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We bought a few new pairs before we came, a friend had told me they were not quite the same here. We took them out the boxes and shipped them with no trouble.

Sarah

whats this....having to pay duty tax on electriacal items you haven't owned for less then 12months man ive just bought laptop, wii, mp3, widescreen television, but all these will be in container do i have to declare them in oz also im getting some trainers as well man it seems i will never stop paying for stuff im getting out of england as we are always paying for stuff (poxy goverment) :realmad:

alex

Guest banjo70
im getting out of england as we are always paying for stuff (poxy goverment) :realmad:

alex

Believe me it doesn't stop when you get here.

I don't think Customs are too worried if it's obvious that your goods are reasonable and you are using them for personal use. It's just co-incidence that you bought them 10 and a half months ago and when they arrive they are over twelve months old.

Don't forget If you did buy them within three months of depature of the UK you can claim most of the VAT back. You may need to go back to the place of purchase to get the correct receipt.

see here for details.

http://www.globalrefund.com/default.asp?viewFolderId=1141&viewDocumentId=9222