489 visa

Guest Ianhemenz

Guest Ianhemenz

Hello all, just like to introduce myself, I'm Ian and am starting out on thesis process, I have done my ielts, passed it first time with an overall mark of 8.5, so that helped as I am 41.:). My question is whatbs the real difference between a 489 and 189 visa, I know one is state sponsored and the other is skilled independent, but the costs seem to be pretty much the same, so is it just that going for a 489 me and my family would be able to get out to oz a lot quicker and are there any other draw backs, such as schooling costs etc. any info would be much appreciated.

Guest Ianhemenz
There are major differences between the 489 and the 189. Including that the 489 is a temporary visa, under current processing timelines I would not expect it to be processed faster.

Thanks

Hi we are flying out next week on the 489 visa it's a 4 year provisional visa but after living for 2 and working for 1 year you can apply for the 887 visa which again is more cost and work etc, my hubby could not get all 8's in the IELTS and he too is 41, 42 next week and rather than waste time by keep doing we chose 489 just to get to Oz and start living life, if we had more time etc we would have gone for the 190/189 as it is permanent and not as many restrictions as the 489 with schooling etc!!

If you can go for the PR it will be better for you and your family in long run.

Bal