Visa, Migration advice...new to all this:)

Guest Katfish21

Guest Katfish21

Hi all,

I am married and have 2 children 6 and 3 years of age. I am a qualified social worker with 20 months post qualifying expeience within a learnign disability team and my husband is a primary teacher 8 years experience. My husbands brother lives in Adelaide and he has just got his permanent residencey.

We are wanting to emigrate to Adelaide however I am unsure which visa woudl be the best way to get into Oz. Would we be better applying for a skilled migrant visa as our jobs are on the list or would we better being sponsored by my husbands brother? if so how much is this?

Which would be the cheapest option? sorry for all the questions but not sure where to go from here

Thanks

Forget being sponsored by your husbands brother. They are only inviting 15 people a month for that visa so it could take YEARS.

If you can pass the skills assessment then look to see how many points you have. You might need to complete the English test for a few more.

As well as currently taking longer, being sponsored by your brother on a skilled visa would cost the same ($7040 for the 4 of you - likely to increase July).

Take a look at the 189 and 190 visas under skill select on the department of immigrations web site.

Or I have some brief info on my web site including a points calculator http://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/PointsCalculator

Guest Katfish21

As well as currently taking longer, being sponsored by your brother on a skilled visa would cost the same ($7040 for the 4 of you - likely to increase July).

Take a look at the 189 and 190 visas under skill select on the department of immigrations web site.

Or I have some brief info on my web site including a points calculator www.taylormadeimmigration.com/PointsCalculator

Thankyou so much for your responses, I thought the skilled visa would be the best option:) Is the next step a skills assessment on the Australian association of social workers website? Will I also need to do an english test?

Thanks

Kathryn

Guest Katfish21

Thankyou for responding to my thread. I have just done the points test and it states that I only get 55 points but my husband gets 70. Does that mean I cant apply for a skilled visa? my only worry with this will I be able to work as a social worker when and if i get there