Contributionary parent visa

Kazzyb1

Hi there Can any one advise me on the cpv visa will be starting process soon , so should I use an agent or is it easy enough to do yourself . Also does anyone know if the temporary cpv is issued any quicker than the the permanent one .i would appreciate any information and tips on applying for this THANKYOU look forward to hearing from anyone x:unsure:

• 4 months later...

Having just had our Permanent Visa cancelled due to not living in Aus,even though we paid A$62500 for permanent residency.

I would recommend applying for a permanent Visa, even though this would mean paying the full sum required on application, but this would mean that your period of residency starts straight away. If due to unforeseen circumstances you decide to leave Australia, hopefully it would be after 2 years and give you the residency requirement of living there for 2 years in the first five years after issue of your Visa.

We came unstuck because we first applied for a temporary Visa to save paying all of the money up front, after the first 2 years living there we then paid the balance to get the permanent Visa, so we lived in Australia for 3 years in total but the first 2 years did not count as they were only on the temporary Visa. We returned to the UK as a) we had been unable to sell our house and b) due to the fall of the pound against the dollar, we were finding it difficult to live on the money being paid on our pensions.

At present we do not want to live in Australia, but had assumed that we could return at some point in the future.

Should also add that the permanent visa only lasts for 5 years, and if you wish to leave the country for any reason then you have to pay for Resident return Visa's which at present cost is another A$750 for 2 people.

I am currently trying to appeal to get our Visa reinstated and have written to Senators and the Immigration minister so far without even a reply, SO BEWARE!!!

hi there hayshacke thanks for replying im sorry to hear what you have been through but you have made me aware ,we have just put in for our temporary visa , i do hope you get it sorted it seems a bit harsh of them after youve paid all that money once again thanks for the information kazzyb1

Having just had our Permanent Visa cancelled due to not living in Aus,even though we paid A$62500 for permanent residency.

I would recommend applying for a permanent Visa, even though this would mean paying the full sum required on application, but this would mean that your period of residency starts straight away. If due to unforeseen circumstances you decide to leave Australia, hopefully it would be after 2 years and give you the residency requirement of living there for 2 years in the first five years after issue of your Visa.

We came unstuck because we first applied for a temporary Visa to save paying all of the money up front, after the first 2 years living there we then paid the balance to get the permanent Visa, so we lived in Australia for 3 years in total but the first 2 years did not count as they were only on the temporary Visa. We returned to the UK as a) we had been unable to sell our house and b) due to the fall of the pound against the dollar, we were finding it difficult to live on the money being paid on our pensions.

At present we do not want to live in Australia, but had assumed that we could return at some point in the future.

Should also add that the permanent visa only lasts for 5 years, and if you wish to leave the country for any reason then you have to pay for Resident return Visa's which at present cost is another A$750 for 2 people.

I am currently trying to appeal to get our Visa reinstated and have written to Senators and the Immigration minister so far without even a reply, SO BEWARE!!!

In the circumstances you have described, the minister has no power to intervene and writing to senators is also a waste of time.

PR visas are not cancelled for lack of residency, althought the travel entry right lapses after 5 years.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about your options?