To put up house for sale before or after receiving Visa
We have just sent off my certificates, etc for the VETASSESS process but my hubby and I have been discussing when to put the house up for sale. Shall we start now or wait until we get our visas. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Also - we don't have a fireplace in our house - do you think we would have more chance of selling if we had one installed. Personally I don't think we have the room but hubby thinks we should - help!!
Many thanks as always for help
I would put your house on the market asap. With the way the market is at the mo the sooner the better. There are many of us on here that have our visas but can't sell our houses and are getting near the date that we have to validate the visa by.
Wouldn't worry too much about a fire place, can't see how much difference it would make.
Get it up for sale quick sticks!
Originally Posted by Lisado
I wish Id have put mine up last summer when we'd applied for visa and would probably be in oz now!
Instead sat here with visa and cant go anywhere!!!
We had a reccie to validate, which we had always planned to do, so that bits sorted!
Think there is only 12 weeks or so of people looking to buy, before people start talking xmas etc.
Wouldnt bother with fire place though!
I would put your house on the market asap as it may take a while to sell.
We wish we had sold last year.
We didnt have a fireplace in our property and a few viewers commented to the agent that it was bare.
We have now installed one and people do comment how nice it is but still no offers.
Our house has been up for sale for 9 weeks, £15k less than expected. We have had no offers except what i call a joke £50k under asking price! we have an open fire and fireplace that not a single person has commented on. We are about to reduce the price by another £20k, with the market the way it is it will only go down.
Hi Lisa, I would put your house on the market asap because of the current slump in the market. We have had our house on the market for 12 months and no offers. We haven't reduced it by a great amount yet because we are still unsure whether we will be successful with our visa application, it was only lodged this week. A reduction in price is something else we need to consider sooner rather than later. But like you say some people are very cheeky coming in with a low offer, taking advantage of the current market. It depends how much equity you have in your property to help you with your move to Oz.
I wouldn't bother with the fire because everybody's tastes are different. We spent money on different things before we put it up for sale, eg windows, extending the drive etc and it has not made one bit of difference. I think there are a lot of people on this site in the same boat. Good luck, keeping fingers and toes crossed for a quick sale for everybody on this site.:p
Trevor, Alison, Tom, George Skills Assessed: 3.4.08 Skills approved: 19.5.08 SA Government Sponsorship sent: 16.6.08 SA sponsorship received: 21.7.08 475 Visa application submitted online: 22.7.08 Medicals booked for: 20.2.08 Medicals received in Sydney: 9.3.09 475 Visa granted 1.4.09 Flights booked for 5.9.09 via Sydney, then Canberra stop and onto Adelaide Arrived Adelaide 23.9.09 and luvin it!!
I would sell ASAP because I believe that the property market will fall even more in the UK.
We were in that lucky position that we sold our house in September last year and put all our household in storage. Everything what is not worthwhile taking to Australia is on ebay.
Since last year we have lived in Helen's parents home and I have to say I have missed my home for the last 10 months. Now it's waiting time until the visa goes through but I do not regret that we sold the house earlier. (Don't bother about the fireplace)
Best of luck,
Thanks everyone for your advice. I think we will take your advice and put the house up for sale now. I am worried about the market but we just want to go to Oz.
Will also hold off with the fire unless we get feedback that its missing something!
I have all fingers and toes crossed for us all - thank you
as everyone else says
PUT IT UP FOR SALE
ive lost count of how many people are having to look at validating their visa as no house sale - i think i have sold my house but until those missives are tied up i really dont know
you have time on your side right now and you may regret leaving it too late as prices will drop even more you want the most you can get and forget about the fireplace just more money and will it add value? i wouldnt have thought so the way things are as people are putting in silly offers anyway as is buyers market
the best of luck
House for sale !!!
Hi Lisa totally agree with everyone else try to SELL NOW and maybe rent if succesful. OH is a manager of a large estate agents and the forecast isn"t good , she reckons we should all just get the best we can get as there just gonna go down for the foreseeable future [ sorry guys ]. we are stuck also wo need to ne in oz by Dec [ not looking good] may just have to do a short visit , what a waste. GOOD LUCK TO ALL .Wayne n Louise. :)
Originally Posted by Lisado
also do not mention emigrating when selling