Guest Lisado

To put up house for sale before or after receiving Visa

    Recommended Posts

    Guest Lisado

    Dear all

     

    We have just sent off my certificates, etc for the VETASSESS process but my hubby and I have been discussing when to put the house up for sale. Shall we start now or wait until we get our visas. Any advice greatly appreciated.

     

    Also - we don't have a fireplace in our house - do you think we would have more chance of selling if we had one installed. Personally I don't think we have the room but hubby thinks we should - help!!

     

    Many thanks as always for help

     

    Lisa

     

    :cute:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Trakki

    I would put your house on the market asap. With the way the market is at the mo the sooner the better. There are many of us on here that have our visas but can't sell our houses and are getting near the date that we have to validate the visa by.

     

    Wouldn't worry too much about a fire place, can't see how much difference it would make.

     

    HTH

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest sub
    Dear all

     

    We have just sent off my certificates, etc for the VETASSESS process but my hubby and I have been discussing when to put the house up for sale. Shall we start now or wait until we get our visas. Any advice greatly appreciated.

     

    Also - we don't have a fireplace in our house - do you think we would have more chance of selling if we had one installed. Personally I don't think we have the room but hubby thinks we should - help!!

     

    Many thanks as always for help

     

    Lisa

     

    :cute:

     

    Get it up for sale quick sticks!

    I wish Id have put mine up last summer when we'd applied for visa and would probably be in oz now!:arghh:

    Instead sat here with visa and cant go anywhere!!!

    We had a reccie to validate, which we had always planned to do, so that bits sorted!

     

    Think there is only 12 weeks or so of people looking to buy, before people start talking xmas etc.

     

    Wouldnt bother with fire place though!

    Good luck:)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest sprayer

    Hi

     

    I would put your house on the market asap as it may take a while to sell.

    We wish we had sold last year.

    We didnt have a fireplace in our property and a few viewers commented to the agent that it was bare.

    We have now installed one and people do comment how nice it is but still no offers.

     

    Good luck

    Jill

    xxx

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest vikkiann

    Our house has been up for sale for 9 weeks, £15k less than expected. We have had no offers except what i call a joke £50k under asking price! we have an open fire and fireplace that not a single person has commented on. We are about to reduce the price by another £20k, with the market the way it is it will only go down.

    SELL NOW.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi Lisa, I would put your house on the market asap because of the current slump in the market. We have had our house on the market for 12 months and no offers. We haven't reduced it by a great amount yet because we are still unsure whether we will be successful with our visa application, it was only lodged this week. A reduction in price is something else we need to consider sooner rather than later. But like you say some people are very cheeky coming in with a low offer, taking advantage of the current market. It depends how much equity you have in your property to help you with your move to Oz.

     

    I wouldn't bother with the fire because everybody's tastes are different. We spent money on different things before we put it up for sale, eg windows, extending the drive etc and it has not made one bit of difference. I think there are a lot of people on this site in the same boat. Good luck, keeping fingers and toes crossed for a quick sale for everybody on this site.:P

    Thanks

    Alison x

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest HelenAndSiggi

    Hi Lisa,

     

    I would sell ASAP because I believe that the property market will fall even more in the UK.

    We were in that lucky position that we sold our house in September last year and put all our household in storage. Everything what is not worthwhile taking to Australia is on ebay.

    Since last year we have lived in Helen's parents home and I have to say I have missed my home for the last 10 months. Now it's waiting time until the visa goes through but I do not regret that we sold the house earlier. (Don't bother about the fireplace)

     

    Best of luck,

    Siggi

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Lisado

    Thanks everyone for your advice. I think we will take your advice and put the house up for sale now. I am worried about the market but we just want to go to Oz.

     

    Will also hold off with the fire unless we get feedback that its missing something!

     

    I have all fingers and toes crossed for us all - thank you

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest sjs

    as everyone else says

     

    PUT IT UP FOR SALE

     

    ive lost count of how many people are having to look at validating their visa as no house sale - i think i have sold my house but until those missives are tied up i really dont know

     

    you have time on your side right now and you may regret leaving it too late as prices will drop even more you want the most you can get and forget about the fireplace just more money and will it add value? i wouldnt have thought so the way things are as people are putting in silly offers anyway as is buyers market

     

     

     

    the best of luck

     

    sjs

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest natdan
    Dear all

     

    We have just sent off my certificates, etc for the VETASSESS process but my hubby and I have been discussing when to put the house up for sale. Shall we start now or wait until we get our visas. Any advice greatly appreciated.

     

    Also - we don't have a fireplace in our house - do you think we would have more chance of selling if we had one installed. Personally I don't think we have the room but hubby thinks we should - help!!

     

    Many thanks as always for help

     

    Lisa

     

    :cute:

     

    Hi Lisa totally agree with everyone else try to SELL NOW and maybe rent if succesful. OH is a manager of a large estate agents and the forecast isn"t good , she reckons we should all just get the best we can get as there just gonna go down for the foreseeable future [ sorry guys ]. we are stuck also wo need to ne in oz by Dec [ not looking good] may just have to do a short visit , what a waste. GOOD LUCK TO ALL .Wayne n Louise. :)

     

    also do not mention emigrating when selling

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest sarahsmartiepants

    isnt that what I always say????:biglaugh: Get it on the market ASAP. There is nothing worse than a visa in the passport and no bugga to buy your house!

    Just when you think you are stressed getting the vise along comes the house sale and it is far worse.

    sarah

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest alan smallman

    Hi Lisa

     

    Just read your thread. my opinion is the same as everyone else's - get it on the market asap. Our house has been up since April and I know we have a long way to go yet before we see any 'daylight'. We've been assessed by the South Australian Nursing Board, we had our Police Checks done, and we've even been over and got jobs (at the Memorial Hospital). We have completed the e-visa but have not had the bottle to process the application yet as it could all fall apart if our sponsors withdraw their offers of jobs for me and the missuss (see my thread 'Confused.com). It's a worry and the only saving 'grace' (if you can call it that) is that we are not the only ones - we all seem as tho we're in it together!!! I wouldn't bother with the fire-place - if your house is perfect people will still find some fault with it. We haven't dropped the price of our house at the mo (think it might be likely). You know what'll happen tho - we'll drop it by say £20,000 and someone will (if we're lucky that is) offer £20,000 less in addition to the reduced price. We can't win at the moment, but we have to stay positive!!! Easier said than done!! What is this country coming to aye??

     

    Best of luck

     

    Regards

     

    Alan & Pauline

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest anna niks

    as many others have replyed ,, yes get the house up now ,, it took us nearly a year to sell ours , thought it would never go , and its ment to be harder to sell now . ours went just before the prices started to drop so we were lucky . if you sell quicker than expected theres always someone who will put you up . good luck x x x :)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Lisado

    hey thanks for the tip about not mentioning we emigrating - I would probably say that.

     

    We have taken everyone's advice and are putting it up in the next weeks after ordering new carpet, finishing garden, etc. :cute:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest ffi&dyl

    As everyone else says put your house for sale now.

     

    We have our visa since the 1st of Feb but can't sell our house, we have to validate the visa by the 21st Jan. We thought we would be in Adelaide by September, not going to happen now!! :arghh:

     

    Ffion.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now