Work reference

Guest Matt & Suzi

Guest Matt & Suzi

Hi can anyone help,

Does anyone know at what point will someone get in touch with my employer for a job reference? The SA Sponsorship have asked for CV and employer contact details, does that mean they are going ask work for a reference or is it the visa (495) people who ask for it? Just trying to figure out when to tell work (dont want to tell them if I dont have to)

Thanks

Hi Matt Suzie

We have our 495 Visa and we arranged for the reference ourselves and sent it in. If I remember rightly (it seems so long ago that we did this part :confused:) it says that it can be from someone on the next level above you or the HR. It is just to check on company letterheaded paper that you do work for the company and to check your employment history etc. So you dont have to tell anyone what it is for just that you need a cofirmation of employment for a loan or something.

Im sure I right on this. We did not get any checks directly to my husbands work infact he has only just told them we are going (9 weeks before our flights):D

Hope this helps and good luck with everything.

Kim

Guest Aussiebound

We had to ask Neils boss for a reference for TRA so they have known for a while, quite lucky that they very open minded about the whole Oz thing. They are hoping he doesn't go but willing to help if they can.

Agent told us that as long as you provide payslips and P60 for the last tax year showing current employer details they don't need to contact the employer - true or not I don;t know as we have only just got visa ready for lodging. Agent said they just need to be able to confirm that you actually do work at the company on the letterhead and don't just have a friend who works there and wrote it for you!!!

Hope this helps a bit and not confused you more.

Guest soggy

I have so far passed TRA and SA sponsorshp with the same two references and cv, i know the people who gave me the refernces well and neither has been contacted so maybe they only check if something looks suspicious.

Simon