Murray Bridge?

Guest richoz

Hi all,

hopefully coming out end of the year and was wondering what Murray Bridge is like to live, am thinking it's not that far from Adelaide centre if needed. We have 4 kids 8 - 12 years old and I am thinking of schooling and general things for them to do to keep them amused. I also see it's quite a bit hotter than Adelaide and there don't appear to be many houses with pools is there a reason for this? Any info would help, have looked on web and it seems ok - any good & bad points?

Cheers

Rich.

Guest guest569

Murray Bridge is a fair way from Adelaide city. Over an hour on the freeway. Your right it is alot hotter and some would say its out in the " country ". It has a good town feel it unlike some other suburbs with a main high st and plenty of pubs and shopping facilities. The river is also a good attraction.

Swimming pools ??? I don't know why there aren't many... You do get more land for your money though so you would fit one in easy enough.

Have lived in Murray Bridge for about 2 months last year, house sitting for a friend.

Found it quite good, as it has a good Golf Course, Swimming Pool, Horse Race track, Speedway where mainly cars race, and of Course the river, which more or less runs through the centre of the town.

A Cinema, Library etc. Houses are definately cheaper, but not many Pools, probably because of the river.

Poor points, Town can seem quite dead, especially in the evenings, but there are a number of community events, if you get involved. A bit limited on shopping, but a new shopping centre is due to be built in the near future which should improve the situation.

Town Centre to Adelaide CBD is about 1 hour and 55klms, although once you get past Mount Barker on the freeway, you see very little traffic, so normally no holdups.

Hope this helps, we now live in the city, where so much more happens.

Have lived in Murray Bridge for about 2 months last year, house sitting for a friend.

Found it quite good, as it has a good Golf Course, Swimming Pool, Horse Race track, Speedway where mainly cars race, and of Course the river, which more or less runs through the centre of the town.

A Cinema, Library etc. Houses are definately cheaper, but not many Pools, probably because of the river.

Poor points, Town can seem quite dead, especially in the evenings, but there are a number of community events, if you get involved. A bit limited on shopping, but a new shopping centre is due to be built in the near future which should improve the situation.

Town Centre to Adelaide CBD is about 1 hour and 55klms, although once you get past Mount Barker on the freeway, you see very little traffic, so normally no holdups.

Hope this helps, we now live in the city, where so much more happens.

I checked Google Maps, as I thought 55km sounded a bit short, and they say it's 75km. It still says you can do it in an hour, but I'd bet it would be more in the rush-hour. You can't speed reliably on the freeway like you can on UK motorways, as the freeway is regularly targeted by speed cops.