Shipping Costs 2011

Guest jlr248

Guest jlr248

I know there are already some threads regarding shipping costs but they appear to be a few years old and probably well out of date so here goes...I have just been advised that to pack/wrap contents, ship from UK to Adelaide door to door and unpack home contents in a 20ft container will cost around £4200. This includes all relevant paperwork but I think optional insurance is on top of that. My question is this, does that sound like a reasonable deal? I have not started shopping round as yet because the on line lists to obtain quotes are a pain in the a....! Would love to hear what people have paid/are paying this year. Also any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Look forward to hearing from you.:jiggy:

Its very difficult to say, as it all boils down to what you are taking ? The best way to look at it is to do your own calculations and and see if the figure that they have quoted, would you say your stuff is worth that much ?

I see it this way, I have had a quote for around £3k and I am know my stuff its worth £3K, and also its stuff that I wont need to buy when am there but i will need it.

Hope it makes a bit of sence !

Sush.

Hi, we are using John Mason and we are paying £3800 for a full 20ft container. We've got insurance from Letton Percival for around £400 but i have got cover for my work tools as well. I couldn't get near £3000 and we got a few quotes but i dont know if it gets cheaper the closer you are to the Terminal at Southampton.

Andrew

Guest jlr248

Thanks Willbur, I had'nt thought that the distance to Southampton could be a factor when travelling all those miles but i bet your right. I am waiting for a quote from John Mason so we shall see. I will post it when it comes through. I havent started looking for insurance yet but hadnt banked on it being so expensive.