Importing Firearms From UK

Guest Yogi

I did a quick search on google 'importing gun into Australia from UK' and got this PDF back

http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/resources/files/ImportingCatA-BFirearms.pdf

Alsohttp://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4372.asp

The .gov.au website is usually good for the kind of info you need.

Also I found something from QLD police but of course, each state has its own policies so this may differ from SA

Acquiring from Overseas - Importation

I think a good course of action would be to contact the offical bods and enquire directly so as to know for definate with relation to the kind of firearm you are wishing to import.

I have tried all this, what I can't seem to find is someone that can tell me " this is what you need to do ".

All the sites say , you may need this form , you may need that form etc.

Guest kangomik

Super super long shot here mate.

Marksmen firing range, in the city. They should have a web site, and maybe you could ask them a question.

They are very very helpful, and the only other reason i suggest contacting them is that a lot of officers use the place, so maybe they may know.

Like i said mate a long shot (excuse the non intentional pun) but worth a try.

It may pay you to contact a firearms dealer. You may be able to use their ability to deal/ transfer weapons And get them to import the items for you.

Just a thought you will need a sa licence which us easy enough.

Fill form in from station.

F branch check you out and you have to undertake one day safety course

Then inform F/branch who require you security details licence given.

For pistols you need to join a club

Guest parko

Hi i am just in the process of inporting a shot gun from UK ,i have spoken with the gun shop in chorley and they will arrange it with a courier in the uk air fright then send it to a Australian gun shop this cost around 250.00 english pounds then what ever the Australian gun shop charges for handling. what type of gun you thinking of brining over and have you got your gun licence in Australia.

Hi, there is a lot of advice here and I will follow it all up.

I shoot both small bore and full bore rifles but I have just found out that some of the rifles I have are banned in Australia , I am also a pistol shooter or rather I was until they were banned in the UK. I do hope to shoot pistol again in Australia.

Any advice is really nice to have.

I still would like to here from someone who has taken firearms from the UK to Adelaide as I need to get the right forms from the UK as well as Australia.

Guest guest4504

Hi, dont know if this is helpful, however I did know someone 2 years ago that had the same prob. He had only what I know was a Winchester ? He had to get permission from SAPOL and also from some justice minister ( or something ) ! He had a conversation directly with sapol and was told, no matter how much he tried it would be vertualy imposible as he had to get registered by a SA gun club. Who would only licence to a perm res living there also. This would mean you have to be in Oz first to get clearance. Also the gun would have to be travelled with you ? So from the sound of it you have to enter SA live there, get a club membership and register for a firearm , then go back to UK and get permission to bring it over !

In the end he sold the Winchester and just bought one over in Adelaide afetr the membership and gun permit. Oh, he had to be in the club for 12 months first.

Hope that little post helps, hope it works out for you whatever .