Things to do in Adelaide?

On Sunday we were invited to Wheatsheaf Road in Morphett Vale to the "Morphett Vale Railway". Our one grandson loves trains so we went along to share in his experience. What a pleasant surprise!

They have a large train track circuit set up with 5 engines doing continuous loops.

It costs $5 for unlimited rides.

2235876712_c1ab7e4f93.jpg

There was a sausage sizzle with snags (that's Aussie speak for a barbie with sausages!). There were drinks, icecreams, electric barbies to use, shade and plenty of parking.

It was really well attended with plenty of families making it a good day out. They are there on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month 1 till 4, and I really recommend taking the children there.

This made me think! I have been living in Adelaide for three years (in fact we arrived 3 years ago today!!!) and I didn't know about the trains, even though I don't live that far away. I know that Judi from Roo Rentals has some properties nearby and I am sure that her guests would be interested in taking their children on the trains..

The question to put out there is:

What other activities, events, places to visit and things to do are there that people need to know about?

We will certainly add the trains to the information packs in our rental homes and it would be great if people could post details of other activities so that people have things to do. We can then add those too, and I am sure that the other rental home providers like Roo Rentals will be interested in passing on this information.

With winter just around the corner it will be great to know about what other things are are to do in adelaide that don't always make it into the tourist info brochures.

Please post away with as many details as possible......

Tamara:realmad:

Thanks Tamara for this thread. Yes we do provide an infomation sheet on what to do in the area, in our Morphett Vale rentals, but I have a confession to make.......

I've been here 3 years and only today I experienced

GREENHILLS ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND on the way to Victor Harbor.

What a fun packed, exciting day I had, never mind by 7 year old!

I went on the huge bouncy mattress, the pedalos, the huge death slide, the canoes, the flying fox, the crazy golf and the go carts.

My son did all of that and the water slide (waaaaaay to cold for me :chatterbox:)

Its $25 for adults and $12.50 for over fours

Have a look for yourself. It wasn't packed. We got there at 11am and spent till 4pm none stop actvities. Well worth the money.

Greenhills Adventure Park

Now I need to go and have a lie down! :wubclub:

Judi x

Guest Guest75

I'd say fishing - but I think I'll get told off - says Mr Obsessed:goofy:

The miniature railway is great - we take the dogs on the "Doggie assault course" in the same park

Guest katsmajic

The dolphin cruise up the port river is a nice way to spend a sunday afternoon.

Its a 2 hr cruise, with local points of interest/commentry etc, weve always seen the dolphins, and if you hang around the harbour you normally get to see them playing round the boats.

Its only $5 each.

Marion outdoor pool is fantastic - too cold now tho - has free bbq's, loads of space and shade, 3 different pools, its not expensive either.