Hello can we climb aboard!

Guest jordash

Hi everyone :notworthy: We are Lou and Paul & we are hoping to be in Adelaide this time next year. It has been our dream now for at least 4 years and now we are finally doing something about it! We were going to do it then but I dont think we were quite ready, we certainly are now. Paul is ex forces and at present, it has been the longest hes been in one place. He soooo has itchie feet!!!! ;) I thought I would introduce ourselves, as I've been a lurker and really enjoyed reading your comments.

Hopefully see you all around,

Lou X

Guest dglamoore

Hi Lou and welcome to the forum :wubclub:

Nice to see you have stopped lurking and now chatting ;) Good luck on getting your dream. We also looked into moving here over a few years before applying last year - now been here coming up to 5 months and love it!!

Any questions just shout - friendly people on here that will help you out if they can

Lisa:jiggy:

Hi lou i can understand about the itch feet!!

My dad was in the army and we have been here 6 1/2 years now and it feels extreemly odd. It's the longest I've lived anywhere and I think I've paqsses the bug on to my OH. This is our biggest move to date though. good luck with the trip and the visa.

Guest theshearers

Hi Lou & Paul

Welcome to the site, we are a friendly bunch here!!

Good luck with the whole process, it will be worth it in the end! Steve is currently coming to the end of his 22 years in the Royal Marines and then we will hopefully move to Adelaide. It will be strange for us to be settled in one place and not feel like we are just there for the short term. (Assuming it all works out for us of course!!!!)

Keep us all posted on how its all going and best of luck to you both

Vicki

Guest graandjac

;)Hi Lou and Paul, welcome to our small but great site, iam sure you will find loads of good info on here, from a friendly bunch of fellow jumpers.

Cheers Graham & Jacqui

Hi everyone :notworthy: We are Lou and Paul & we are hoping to be in Adelaide this time next year. It has been our dream now for at least 4 years and now we are finally doing something about it! We were going to do it then but I dont think we were quite ready, we certainly are now. Paul is ex forces and at present, it has been the longest hes been in one place. He soooo has itchie feet!!!! ;) I thought I would introduce ourselves, as I've been a lurker and really enjoyed reading your comments.

Hopefully see you all around,

Lou X

Hi Lou glad you found this site I wish there had been something like this when we came over 12 years ago, can't believe we've been here so long, we love it I believe our children have had a much better upbringing and better future here. Have been back to the uk a couple of times as we both have elderly parents (82&87) that's probably the worst thing about living so far away feeling helpless when things go wrong for them, but my mother in law used to come over here every year for 3 months but cannot travel now, so either one of us goes over to see them, if you go out of season it's not too bad! England is just soooo busy and crowded!

Good luck

Hi thanks for the warm welcome. ;)

I will hold on tight as I'm sure we will be in for a bumpy ride, I'm quite looking forward to it see it as part of the adventure! :o

I shall let you all know of our progress as we go along!

Thanks again,

Lou X

Hello is that you Lou????? welll all the pieces fit!!!!! ;)

How are you?

XXXX

*Waves*

Hi Nikki,

Yes its me! How did you guess.... :biglaugh:

Thought I'd dip my toe in. Its all very nice in here isnt it. See you soon!

Lou XX

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi Lou,

Well jordash gave me a clue!!! Oh yea then Lou and Paul gave me the final clues :D!!

Hope your ok! yes everyone is really friendly and always on hand to offer advice and help wherever possible! Ive learnt loads!!!

Great BBQ the other weekend :embarrassed:! Speak to you soon.

Luv

Nikki

XXX

Guest chillyanna

hello lou & paul

welcome on board this PIA ride to adelaide. be sure to hold tight and ask lots of questions along the way, on this ride you will go through some up's and downs, but mostly ups i think.

good luck and all the best

paul

• 2 months later...
Guest jordash

Hello sorry to bring up my old thread but I wanted to let you all know that we have passed our TRA!!! :biglaugh:

*Somersaults around the thread* Whooooohoooooooo!!!!! :jiggy:

Ooooooh!!! *Did I put my good knickers on this morning?* :err:

Anyway I will be popping in more often now, no doubt with hundreds of Questions and probably with some anxiety thrown in as the nerves start to kick in! Not turning back though nooooo sireeeee not now now we've come this far.

I'm soooooo happy!!

Guest bookworm64

Hi everyone!

My name is michelle and I have wanted to live in oz for sometiime now, and finally today have put the wheels in motion. I understand it is a long process but hopefully it will be worth it in the end. I have been absorbing all the great advice on PIA!

My family consists of my partner Phil, my daughter Becky 13 and our black lab lulu.

Phil has just completed his degree in nursing, mental health.

found this site by accident and have been totally hooked on it for most of the afternoon.

we are currently living in Lincoln, and at the moment its freezing.

i am coming to Adelaide in Feb to stay with friends and to have my first look at Oz, i am so excited. i just worry that i might not want to get on that plane home again!

looking forward to hearing from all:)

michelle, phil and becky