Another newbie!

Guest martandkaz

Guest martandkaz

Hi all, just come across this site and wanted to introduce ourselves.

We are Martin and Karen from York and got our 136 visa in January.

We spent Christmas in Adelaide with my brother and now can't wait to get back. Flying out for good 24th April. :)

Hi Martin and Karen, We are Paul and Lorna and have only come across this site today We are at the begining of our Visa journey. We are hoping to head out to Adelaide end of the year with our two girls. We've never been to Aus before but Adelaide looks lovely by what we have read and seen. You'll have an advantage with your brother being out there which is great. We don't know anyone out there and are finding it hard to find where to settle as we would like somewhere child friendly so hopefully we will be able to get lots of helpfull tips.

Guest dglamoore

Welcome to both of you to the forum :lol:

Martin and Karen - we got our visa a couple of weeks ago and fly out to Adelaide on 22nd April, stoping at singapore a few days and arrive in Adelaide for the first (and last) time on 28th April :shock:

Paul and Lorna - good luck on your visa journey. We started ours last year when we started to think about it very seriously and decided to go for it last April and this April we will be arriving to start our new life :D

Lisa

Guest JPT07

Hi All, thanks for the great welcome. Feel a lot better knowing there are other poeople out there going through the same thing. We have just had our TRA back - successful. Paul and Lorna.

Guest graandjac

Paul and Lorna

Congrats on your TRA that is the bit we are just starting and dreading hope all goes well down under , hope to be in Adelaide Aprilish next year

GRaham and Jacqui

Guest JPT07

Hi all, Can anyone tell us what age the kids start secondary school? Some poeple have told me 11 and other say 12. My eldest daughter is due to start secondary school here in Wales in September and is dreading the thought. We are hoping it's 12 so she could go to primary school in Aus for a while with her sister just so she could settle in as moving to Australia and starting secondary school sounds daunting for anyone! Paul& Lonra.

Just wanted to say welcome to Martin & Karen

Also congratulations Paul & Lorna on the TRA result, well done, another tick off the list :)

I read a bit about schools as my eldest is 11 in October. In the UK he would go up to Yr6 but as the term starts at the end of Jan 08 in Aus he will either resit Yr5 or go into Yr6 - either way he stays up to & including Yr7 so he will be at least 12 I imagine.

We are in same position as you with the thinking as our youngest is 6, 7 this year & we wanted the same outcome ie both in school together at primary for a while to help settle

I am sure someone already with children this age in Adelaide will confirm back to you shortly

Good luck

Angela

Guest betty22

Hi Guys,

with regards to high school they don't go till 12 or 13.

My daughter was born in Jan 96 and she is in year 6 now so still has to do 2 years more in primary.

If we had still been in uk she would have been going to secondary this september (very scary thought)

I think its much better here for the kids that they do lunger in Primary.

Liz

Guest JPT07

Thanks Angela and Liz, thats really helpful. Makes me feel a little bit better on them both going to primary together. Hoepfully we will be out in Adelaide about Sept/Oct, if all goes well of course. Lorna.