hi to u all

Guest kate n andy

Guest kate n andy

hi there, new to the site we are looking at moving to oz next yr hopefully,we looked at perth to start with but av decided on adelaide as house prices look a bit less and its closer to my cousin in sydney but just don't know where to start it all looks mind boggling:wideeyed:

Hello and welcome to PIA.

From all the research I have done and believe me I've done some.;) I think you can do a lot worse than Adelaide. It is not as well known as say Sydney, Perth or Melbourne but as you say house prices reflect that. Everyone that I have spoken to have told me that it hasn't the 'big city feel' like the others which is what really swung it for me. I'm from London and have had more than my fill of big city living. As for a social life, from what I've seen on this site and speaking to people that are in Adelaide It won't matter where exactly you live you will be fine.

...................... and its closer to my cousin in sydney

I'm sorry but I must admit to chuckling at this. You are nearer but maybe still a little too far to pop round for a coffee. :biglaugh:

Good luck on your adventure

Pete

Guest caoimhe

Hi Katie and Andy,

It's a 2hour flight to Sydney from Adelaide, something like living in England and having relatives in Italy, but a few years ago Richard Branson started an Airline called Virgin Blue and it is bacially the oz equivilent of Easy Jet so fares are not as dear as they used to be

From my short holiday in oz I felt Adelaide didn't have a "big city feel" to it that Sydney etc had which I liked. We live in Belfast which may be the biggest city in NI but compared to anywhere else would be classed as a town ,:jiggy:so a big busy city would scare the life out of me!!! Adelaide seems a more friendly and family orientated place than the larger cities. We choose it as that is were my family live but I know I would not consider moving to oz if my OH wanted to go to Sydney.