Hi we are new

Guest The Waite Family

Guest The Waite Family

Hi everyone.

After years of umming and ahhing we have decided that now is the right time to go for it and emigrate to Australia. Jon is an electrician and 43 this year so it's kind of like now or never.

We have also decided after loads of research that it is definitely Adelaide we would like to live and hope he will be able to find the right job.

I am a School Administrator and would love to do the same job over there but will have to see how that works out.

A problem that is worrying us is our daughter. She is 18 and will be 19 in July and hopes to get a job as cabin crew with Qantas or another airline but we are not sure if she can be included in our application as a dependant. Would she have to apply on her own? Or even worse would we have to leave her behind? :sad:.

We also have a 15 year old lad who is 'definitely no way moving to Australia and we can't make him!' :biglaugh: (A bit of work to do on him) lol

And an 11 year old who can't wait to go as long as his Xbox will work there because he's not leaving without it. :).

We will also be bringing with us Arwen our border collie, Lucy our cavalier king charles and Thomas our cat.

If anyone could help out with the daughter question we would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Dianne (39 very soon )

Hi Dianne and welcome to PIA,

Your best option is get in touch with an emigrating agent ASAP and ask about your daughter. They usually give you 30 mins free call time to answer questions about visa's.

Good luck!

Judi x

Hi Waite family,

welcome to PIA, can't help with your question I'm afraid, my kids are only 9 and 6 at the moment so we don't have the upset and worry of teenagers.......and I'm not looking forward to it one bit.

As Judi has already said definately speak to a migration agent or rather a few of them and ask them as many questions as you can. That way you will get loads of information and make the proper moves to fulfill her ambitions too.

But, good luck and as I said before, welcome to PIA x

Guest caoimhe

Hi Diane

welcome to PIA, can't give advice on your daughter except what already said about speaking to an agent, but as EX cabin crew myself and having only ever wanted to do that since a small child, please try to get your daughter to choose a career to fall back on. I loved the job and done it for 9years but it isn't really a career for life. Now I am older and have kids I could not do it but I never seen that far ahead and never gave myself a backup so ended up back at college when the kids came along. Also I seen so many people join an airline and then find out it isn't as glamourous as it seemed ie 15hour shifts and 3am starts, so they didn't stay at it. All said and done though I loved it, seen a great bit of the world and had a ball. So I envy her starting out.

Good luck with application and hope all works out