Guest carters

Is $400,000-$500,000 Enough?

Guest carters

Is $400,00 - $500,00 enough to buy a house, we have a large shopping list, we want

1. NICE AREA, LOW CRIME.

2. GOOD SCHOOLS.

3. EITHER CLOSE TO BEACH OR ALTERNATIVELY COUNTRYSIDE.

4. POOL

5. 4 LARGE BEDROOMS PREF 5

6. LARGE PLOT

I Think we may be under budget, roughly by how much?

nikki :mad:

Guest Russfamily

With half a million bucks you will b able to afford a decent place to live not far from the beech in the city areas and nearer the sea in the outer suburbs

Guest ralph n bev

Nikki,

try looking on opentoview.com.au , or realestate.com apart from P.I.A. and adbrits its my fave pastime !!

Put in how many bedrooms and the max limit you will go to and which area, if you just put Adelaide , obviously you get all the subs , then just look on the map , zoom out to see where abouts it is.

Personally we are veering North Eastern subs , older solid brick built.

But I think if you want newer towards the beach you'll still get one for that.

Take a look, obviously the more modernising it needs the cheaper it will be.

happy hunting,

Bev;)

Guest carters

Thanks Bev,

An Australian from Adelaide recently recommended the Eastern part of Adelaide, but nobody seems to mention that part. What are the North East suberbs called?

nikki

Guest ralph n bev

Nikki

Theres loads!!

do as i said with the realestate.com .

Put in Adelaide , then when youve done that look at the brief address , it will say which suburb and weather its N.S.E.or W.

Be prepared for a very numb bum.

Bev;)

Guest dale_jo@

That would be enough!

Consider stamp duty on your purchase also! You`ll get a decent home for that price in the south!!!

Guest Guest75

You can do it with that capital but I'd go the top end of of it..

It will be hard to refine your search until you get here I'd say.

Take no one person's opinion as gospel, it may not be to your taste.

Guest dglamoore

You could get all you want with your capital in some nice areas ;)

Unfortunately if you want immediate seafront it would not cover it now in some suburbs - we have a rental in Port Noarlunga South on The Esplanade and would love to stay here when we buy/build but you need $500k minimum for a do-er upper or just land along here now :confused:

Have a good look on realestate.com and that will give you a good idea of what is available and where for your money.

Lisa:cool:

Guest Roo1

Wow, I'd say.......you'll definitly get beachside with that kind of money, have you thought about building your own? You could get one with all your boxes ticked!

Judi x

Guest jen&ian

I'm sure you'll find a nice place with that sort of budget:cool:. Ours is a bit more modest but we've found plenty to suit mainly with 4 bedrooms. One thing i have noticed in general is that if you go for a big house you don't always seem to get the yard to match in the southern suburbs we're looking at but with a bit more money to spend I'm sure you'll be fine.

Jen:)

Guest guest569

Number 4 Churston Place, Moana looks a good buy on realestate. com.au;)

Guest jen&ian

Hey number 9 is nice too, it's on my short list, we could be neighbours;).

Jen:)

Guest Jane & Tony

Hi

That should get you something really nice!!! go to www.realestate.co.au to give yourselves an idea of house prices. Do you know which area in Adelaide that you would like to settle?

Hope this helps

Jane & Tony xx

Guest smit

You wont get everything on that list relatively near the cbd.If you go further south past HC and beyond you will.Pure beachfront youd be struggling.For that money you should get a decent house in a lot of suburbs though.

Guest carters

We don't need to be so close to the beach, just nearby. If we need to spend more to get nice area, how much more? would like space, some of the new houses look so close!

Is it better value to build your own?

nikki

Guest guest569

I think yes its better value to build your own. But to find a big plot of land is getting harder!!

Guest dale_jo@

$400,000.00 -$500,000.00 should get you close to the beach although most southern suburbs are within a short drive to the beach

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Jo & Dale

Guest grh

Nikki

If you and Dave are still looking for a house in Adelaide you should check out realestate.com.au property no. 104338943. Apart from the pool it would suit all of your needs. More information available if required.

Greg

Consider stamp duty on your purchase also! You`ll get a decent home for that price in the south!!!

I saw that this post had been bumped and read it and came across dale_jo's post which brings up another subject. Stamp Duty.

I thought that Stamp Duty for migrants was abolished if one bought within a specific time period of arrival (12 months?) Is this not still the case?

Guest guest569
    I saw that this post had been bumped and read it and came across dale_jo's post which brings up another subject. Stamp Duty.

I thought that Stamp Duty for migrants was abolished if one bought within a specific time period of arrival (12 months?) Is this not still the case?

As far as i'm aware everyone pays stamp duty on buying a house. You only pay it on the land if you build though.;)

As far as i'm aware everyone pays stamp duty on buying a house. You only pay it on the land if you build though.;)

Thats really interesting, is that for individuals or for huge builders as well?

I'm sure that the duty was waived for new (therefore first time buyers) migrants. maybe it's been abolished.