Sign in to follow this  
Guest cazandbrad

HUUUUGE favour to ask

Guest cazandbrad

We are VERY interested in a property

5 GUMNUT ROAD

SEAFORD RISE

If anyone could tell me how it looks in real life would be amazing have looked on google maps but it just isnt the same!

thank you :wubclub:

Guest guest3462

do you have skype? we could do a live link up and give you a virtual tour! lol x

Guest cazandbrad

at the moment no but am putting my husband on the case as soon as hes back from work! will pm you our username soon as! thank you!!

Guest doje6863

Hi Caroline and family, I live just round the corner from there. Ill do a drive past on the way to work this morning and let you know later on.

donna

Guest doje6863

Caroline, where is it advertised? Couldnt find it on realestate.com. Anyway, you can see the sea from the front, altough its a side view not full on view. The house externally looks immaculate. Very new looking and well cared for. I love Seaford Rise and where you are looking at is particulary good area, IMO. Less than 5mins drive to the South Rd. Not sure where you will be working or sending the rugrats to school.

Anything else, just ask

donna

Guest cazandbrad

and were thinking seaford 6-12 then if we don't like it hopefully all saints (if we can afford ha) are they both close? walking distance?

xxxx

Guest doje6863
    hi donna, heres the link

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=105977747&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=29196289&s=sa&snf=rbs&tm=1252058305

are the houses around it decent?

is it near any dangerous roads?

noticed there doesn't seem to be a pavement just grass, is that normal in oz?

thanks xxxxxxxxx

Ok, so me and my old man (cause we're saddos), had a look at street view which shows that they've converted one of the garages into a bedroom, we assume. Surrounding houses look fine. Opposite is a really nice place. That area of Seaford Rise is certainly the most expensive. Having said that, the price seems about right. No pavements are quite normal, the nature strip out front is quite normal. Grand Blvd can be very noisy, both me and my friend live on it and it can have the kids driving up and down. But Gumnut is slightly off G Blvd so it might be ok. I spose the thing that I noticed about your house, is that there are limited internal photos and also no room layout (with dimensions) which seems to be the usual practice.

will have a think about the schools

donna

Guest doje6863
    and were thinking seaford 6-12 then if we don't like it hopefully all saints (if we can afford ha) are they both close? walking distance?

xxxx

Me again. This is where you have to be careful not to upset anyone. We had a look at Seaford 6-12. For us, it wasnt right. But, there are plenty of people on here that are perfectly happy. The curriculum didnt give our kids the options they wanted. But your kids are younger so you may be allright. Had a look at All Saints, dont know anything about the school. If you bring in an average wage of $50k and send all three, its just short of $3k. I wish!!! My kids fees are that x 5!!!!

Now, from Gumnut Rd, thats gonna be a 20minute walk, at least, for an adult. But a very simple journey. Just straight along Grand Blvd.

hope thats of some use

donna

Guest cazandbrad

thanks so much, yeh am a bit disappointed as most have the floor plans so you can see the layout of the house.

no picture of the garden i know theres a pool a bit of grass would be nice! have been convinced by another pom in adelaide to maybe get a piece of land and build when were over, at least then we can TRY and make our perfect house

where do your children go to?

yeh well i have 3 so sending them all to a really good (but expensive) school might be hard especially if my husband cant get a job etc

caz xxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest cazandbrad
    570m2 with 4/5 beds and a pool = NO GARDEN

yeh its a compromise! but where else can i get a 5 bedroom house with a pool for $440,000 ha!

theres parks and the beach for the kids isn't there

caz xx

Guest sub

We looked at another house on that street, but its very close to the busy main road! Hence you can hear ALL the traffic, and theres lots of it!!!

Guest cazandbrad
    We looked at another house on that street, but its very close to the busy main road! Hence you can hear ALL the traffic, and theres lots of it!!!

yeh were ok with grand boulevard on the left but there seems to be another road on the right? is it a large busy road? have three kids so is a worry!

Guest sub

Yeah Grand Boulevard is ok, live just off there now!

Its the Main South Road on the other side, so motorway speeds, large volume of traffic n trucks etc. Your children wont be able to get to the busy road cos its blocked off at top of street, but it is rather noisy for most of the day!!

Depends if this will bother you or not? It put us off buying the other house though!